php mail() function still not working???

Status
Not open for further replies.

elykdogg

Reaction score
I realize this topic has been beat to death around these forums but im just looking for an update on what the situation is with the php...

i started getting the...

Warning: mail() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/elykdogg/public_html/myform.php on line 163

...a couple days ago (i never did before) so i updated my version of php to the intermediate version figuring that would solve my problem

36 hrs later after my acct info finally said i was on the intermediate version im still getting the same error

any help/advice/updates are welcome!!! thank you!!!

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think your PHP version was actually updated; I will look into this in a little while.

elykdogg

Reaction score
i just got an email last night saying my php version was upgraded (this is the second time ive gotten this email since applying for an upgrade)

the mail() function still doesnt work :(

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Please try downgrading your PHP version to basic again. When it's gone through and the account management panel shows that you have this version, please re-upgrade to intermediate. This seems to have happened to a lot of people lately, and so far all the problems have been resolved by doing this. I apologise for the inconvenience, but this is the best fix I can offer you with, at least for now.

-Luke.

elykdogg

Reaction score
k i finally got downgraded then re-upgraded, now i get this...

Cannot send email!
Either sendmail or smtp is not properly configured on your system.
Please contact your hosting provider to correct this problem.
Edit:
bump for help

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you using a script ?
Are you using mail(), SendMail, or SMTP? This three are different and you only need one to send mail.
The path to SendMail is: /usr/sbin/sendmail

elykdogg

Reaction score
i used the coffecup form builder which i was under the impression uses mail()

...now i cannot access my webdisk, i get a message saying "operation cannot be completed because an unexpected error has occurred, for details see localsettings/temp/wecerr.txt"

the txt file says " 09/01/2008 18:17:51
There is no server on port 2078 at 'aestheticsanon.x10hosting.com'.
You have selected the Connect Using SSL option. This connection problem may indicate that the server does not support Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) communications, or that it uses SSL communications on a different port number."

im lost... any help is appreciated

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Great, feel free to re-open this thread if you need further assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.