PHP Mail Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
This needed an update. The PHP mail function was disabled shortly after we started the server move. Because we were and still are spending the majority of our time getting things back to normal we didn't have the time to keep tabs on the abuse. It got out of hand very quickly to the point we were getting multiple reports a day.

A solution is in the works for this. We have purchased a dedicated outgoing mail server, all free hosting mail will be routed to this server to be scanned before going out. SPAM will be discarded and the account suspended while normal mail will go through unaffected. We started working on this yesterday, we hope to have it testing in the next 2 or 3 days. If everything goes well, mail will be re-enabled next week.

On a side note. SMTP is unaffected by this change, you can still send out mail using SMTP or IMAP. A lot of scripts either support one of these two functions out of the box or have a plugin for them. If you can't wait until next week please check your script documentation or search for an SMTP plugin.

Lavoaster

Reaction score
Awesome hopefully this should get x10 off the blacklist's.

That is unless i'm behind and your already off

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Corey!

My Wordpress installation is using Google Apps/Gmail's SMTP servers for outgoing mail right now.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Awesome hopefully this should get x10 off the blacklist's.

That is unless i'm behind and your already off

I believe we are out, but it will prevent us from getting back on it.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
PHP mail has been re-enabled, we are testing the new outgoing server so there may be intermittent issues.

scholar

Reaction score
:) Works Very Well !!

I also use this function in contact page. the syntax is very simple

mail(to,subject,message,headers,parameters)

if you want to ask any details feel free to ask..

Thanks!

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
I won't be affected if I'm using Google Apps Mail right?

When sending emails in Google Apps Mail, it doesn't go through x10hosting at all, but rather Gmail so nope, this shouldn't affect Google Apps.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
This is not a support thread. If you need support please open a thread in the free hosting forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.