php mail not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

leo.and.shell76

Reaction score
Hi all,
I used to use the mail(); function to mail users once signed up and with updates, but I noticed a while back I stopped recieving mail when I should of done.

For a while I thought I may of broke my code while editing, but even now, if I was to just make a file with a simple text mail being sent with mail(); I still don't get it.

I even thought other hosts may be blacklisting the servers, but if I send an email with mail(); to any of my addresses hosted with x10, I still don't get them.

Is there any way I can solve this, or have someone solve it please?

Thank You :biggrin:

leo.and.shell76

Reaction score
Thanks calistoy,
Must be a long que, mails sent before christmas still haven't got to me :biggrin:

Guess it's just gotta be a waiting game, after all it is free :cool:

leo.and.shell76

Reaction score
Hi, this thread is a bit old now, but it was only recently I actually got my mail working again!

Not sure why this happened as i've never had problems before, but it solved it.
All my emails sent via scripts are sent as htl using headers, while testing a new script i sent a plain text email, this got delivered within seconds... confused
so i then thought about changing all my email scripts (there are a few there) to plain text, but thought it would take too long, and so looked for alternative headers to try. after sending several emails with differnt headers, i tried a simple email with the my old headers.... and it got delivered.... i tested several scripts i had running befor my problems started, and they all send emails again now.

not sure y or how, but sending a few plain text messages solved my issues.

Hope this helps someone else :)

Status
Not open for further replies.