php mail() problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumitmehta

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I have been trying to send mails through php's mail() function since last two days but that doesn't work.Every e-mail I send bounces back with 'unroutable domain' error.This script was working earlier on but stopped working suddenly which suggests that the script has no coding errors.I tried to send mails through Frontpage extensions also but same result.My domain is sumitmehta.x10hosting.com and I have x10Advanced package.Pls help.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Should be working now. The mail server automatically shuts off when someone starts spamming, looks like that is what happened last night. I turned it back on.

-Corey

sumitmehta

Reaction score
Sorry dear but problem is still there.

Again I tried and got error "unrouteable mail domain "hotmail.com" and "unrouteable mail domain "yahoo.co.in" (when I sent mail to Hotmail and Yahoo respectively).

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you PM me the email addresses you're sending to?

-Corey

sumitmehta

Reaction score
I can give you one ID i.e. sumit469@yahoo.co.in.I can't give the other one as it is my private id.But I tried on two hotmail accounts and one more yahoo .com account as I thought that problem might be due to .co.in domain but that also didn't help.I am getting all the mails back.Pls help.

You can test the page yourself.
Just goto http://sumitmehta.x10hosting.com/shayari/ and then check any one or two checkboxes in front of the couplets written there.Then press 'Send shayari by e-mail' button.Then enter the details and send.If you don't get the mail...then that means problem is still there.I will then get that mail in my x10hosting mailbox as a returned mail.I will inform you about that when it happens.

Last edited:

oab

Reaction score
your link doesnt work, im having the same problem though, i was also wondering how you send emails using smtp? in php

bpdwg

Reaction score
also the mail forwarders are not working. if you will send a mail to your default address it is not routed to the destinations addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.