PHP mail() stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbaptist

Prime Account
Reaction score
I posted this message a few weeks back, but the problem was never fixed. I was just wondering whats going on with this. Thanks

I have a contact form on my website that uses the PHP mail() function I noticed today that it is not working. I also have a cronjob set up to email me once a week and the last email I got from it was on 1/17/09 so that was about the time it stopped working.

Thanks for your help.

wbaptist

Prime Account
Reaction score
Anyone else having this problem? Any word on why this is not working?

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
What website is your form on?
And has this been working in the past? (meaning you didn't change anything, it stopped by itself)

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Is there anything in the error log in cPanel that has anything to do with this issue? (if so paste it here)

wbaptist

Prime Account
Reaction score
No errors messages that I can see.

I did notice this however, in the account panel.
PHP Version - 5.2.8 Version 1 - Basic
I was thinking back when I asked to have the PHP set up so I could use the mail() funtion the php version might have been called advanced? I can't remeber for sure though. Maybe it got resest when they did the all moving around with the servers a while back.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
It says basic but it is really intermediate, which allows the mail function. I'm not sure what else could be causing this.
You might want to post your script's code in the Programming Help forum so we can take a look if it is a script problem.

wbaptist

Prime Account
Reaction score
I posted it in the programming help. Thanks for helping me DeadBattery.

Status
Not open for further replies.