php mail()

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First of all I'd like to say I'm very VERY fond of this free hosting webservice and I'd like to thank the community and the website owners a lot!
I have also a question, the mail() function in php is not working I believe. It's not that bad though, but I'd like to know if it's just my script or that it's part of the security precautions.

thanx!

wifibazaar89

Reaction score
i am having same problem
i have used manly script
even readymade available on internet...
php is executed and works perfect but mail is not sent...

php redirects me to thanks page but i dont get any email.

contact.lvl928

Reaction score
attempting to create the same thing here, but having difficulty doing so.

any help is appreciated

markhere

Reaction score
Have same issue with php mail but no response so far in hosting support forum.
Other issues also but no support forthcoming.

vrajitor

Reaction score
on my stoli server php mail() setup to gmail doesn't work before worked fine

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
mail() will only work if your From: address is on one of your x10Hosting account domains. This means, for example, that you can't use mail() to send an email from your gmail or yahoo account. If you want to send mails via gmail or yahoo, you need to set up SMTP.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
As it has been mentionned earlier, we have implemented safeguards to limit the amount of spam emanating from our servers (and the account from our users). Now, if you wish to send mail using php's mail() function, you must make sure to send it with an address that is under one of the domains that are registered with your account. If you wish to send mail using any other "From: " address, please use SMTP.

vrajitor

Reaction score
Ok i will atach photo:
smtpgmailpop.png

Was working only few days then i have recievied an error page from my script that says the function cannot be initialized or something like this. I cant see any error on my setup?! Where is the problem then wtf..!!!

On roundcube web mail i have received alot of spam mail and some GOT HACKED messages...???
Error: Could not instantiate mail function._

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Feedback and Suggestions is NOT a support forum. Please open a support ticket if you wish to receive support. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.