PHP Messing Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TranceOperator

Reaction score
Hi

Umm....my PHP includes no longer work on my site, and I cannot post on my tagboard. When I try to, it doesn't update with the new post, just restarts it.

www.elitenick.com

now with a page loaded:

http://elitenick.com/?page=tutorials

it's just loading the default page of the news....all I did was take a shower and when I came back everything was like this..

Is it something with the server or did I get exploited somewhere?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think anything has changed... x10 is now on the same server as you. I'll check it out though.

-Corey

TranceOperator

Reaction score
Alright thanks...and I didn't mean PHP includes I just mean like my dynamic page doesn't work...my index.php loads pages dynamically so that if its like index.php?page=blah then itll load whatever i say the blah page is in the content area. But all of the sudden it just puts the news in every page.

I'm thinking either someone screwed up my site somehow or the servers PHP updated and doesn't understand the coding.'

In fact I'm pretty sure it's not on my side because Chris' site doesn't work either and we both use similar dynamic PHP coding - http://network-13.com/

It won't load all the way because of itl...but view the source and you will see:

<b>Warning</b>: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in <b>/home/vbchris/public_html/online.php</b> on line <b>25</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in <b>/home/vbchris/public_html/online.php</b> on line <b>23</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in <b>/home/vbchris/public_html/online.php</b> on line <b>25</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in <b>/home/vbchris/public_html/online.php</b> on line <b>23</b><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

ect ect....

Also I saw this on php.net:

PHP 4.4.0 Released
[11-Jul-2005] The PHP Development Team would like to announce the immediate release of PHP 4.4.0. This is a maintenance release that addresses a serious memory corruption problem within PHP concerning references. If references were used in a wrong way, PHP could create memory corruptions which would not always surface or be visible. The increased middle digit was required because the fix that corrected the problem with references changed PHP's internal API, breaking binary compatibility with the PHP 4.3.* series. PHP 4.4.0 does not have any new features, and is solely a bugfix release; however, it is strongly recommended that you read the more detailed release announcement available here prior to upgrading your PHP 4 installation.

Then I noticed we are still on 4.3.11!

Maybe that's what's going on? Please fix this soon :blink:

Last edited:

TranceOperator

Reaction score
I hate to be a pest but it's going on 6:30 PM here...I can't have 80% of my pages not accessable :|

*update*

Well it's now been about 5 hours and the problem is still the same. Chris removed his users online script and now his site works....except that it has the same problem that mine does with the dynamic content pages....they all just display the default page when you click any link...so now it's no question it's an error on x10's side. :excl: :excl: :excl: :excl:

Last edited:

TranceOperator

Reaction score
Corey can you please restart the server or something? It's now 11:07 PM my time and it's still the same...basically none of my pages except the news and downloads work. I really can't have that happening.

--------------------------

Looks like somone restarted it...didn't fix the problem but Chris decided to look at our coding and adjust it to work with whatever the hell happened. I know you said you didn't change anything Corey, it's like well somebody somewhere changed something with it, 'cause both our sites messed up from it..Oh well, thanks :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.