PHP, Mysql, and creating a log in system for users help

garrette

Reaction score
Okay, I have been tinkering around with many different templates, but I just can't seem to get them to work. I don't want one that is already coded for me and just be a copy and paste, but I would also like to learn how it functions and why it functions as well.

I've done several google searches, and looked around, but I haven't really found anything helpful. I have a database, but I'm unsure how to make a field where a user can submit, and how to save it. I am rather new to php and mysql, so if anyone knows of any step-by-step tutorials or even just information that could help me it would be greatly appreciated!

tsbertalan21

Reaction score
I have used the SimpleLoginSecure plugin for the Codeigniter framework before (or maybe it was simply the SimpleLogin plugin. Both would work.). It's not quite cut-and-paste, and you have to get used to Codeigniter's model/view/controller programming strategy first, which might take you a week in larval mode, but I think it's worth it.

Although, it might be argued that so heavily using Codeigniter has stunted my growth in PHP programming ability. But I don't really mind.

garrette

Reaction score
Hmm. Seems very interesting. Personally, I don't care if it "stunts" my future growth, I just want to be able to code it. I will look into it, thanks!

Very, very cool. I will take some time learning how to use this. I found this very helpful. Thanks!

Last edited: