PHP Mysql issue

tri30t

Reaction score
I've searched the forums and I can't seem to find anything on this. I'm using a special php script from my computer that connects to a database on my computer. However, I want to connect to the database on my server here, to pull information from my phpBB database. Here is the code:

$db = new db('mysql://tri30t_tri30t:password@tri30t.elementfx.com:3306/tri30t_tri30t');

I've added the user to my list, and I've added my ip to my remote access list. but my $db->connect(); statement returns false, and I can't connect. What am I doing wrong?

tittat

Reaction score
I am not well sure, but i think remote mysql access is not allowed.
Sorry if i am wrong.

sunils

Reaction score
/*******************Moving the Thread*****************/

I think you are using the remote mysql feature which is not allowed on our servers. So better you connect to the mysql server using phpmyadmin, export the database as sql files and then you can use it.

Scoochi2

Reaction score
Or if it's dynamic and you need the contents of the database at the current time, write a script to access the database on the local server, then simply pull the data from there.
For example, have the online page output XML, then render the XML on your computer's PHP to get the values you desire.