php & php-nuke

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I got a question...and it might sound stupid but anyway ...

Now as far as I know php-nuke comes with a phpbb forum right ?
Ok if it does then this is my idea. If you already have a phpbb site running could you not install the NUKE part of php-nuke around your existing phpbb forum ?? or would this screw things up with the nuke part of the install ???

Just thought I would ask ....:grin:

Xempttt

Reaction score
no. when u go to admin cpanel and go to forums it brings u to a brand new forums. u cant use an existing forums for the new site. srry for the bad news. I hope im right. BTW fantastico is acting kinda weird. is it just me or does it shows blocks and dots as the description?

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
So theres no way to do that with an existing phpbb forum eh .....ok cool not that I was going to I thought just for discussion sake.....and yes it is acting up ...it`ll be runnin good soon :)

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
actually I think you could now that I think about it ...if you just installed the NUKE PART of php-nuke, leaving out the NEW forum that comes with it ...and install the nuke files around an existing phpbb forum ??? I think that explains it a bit better

Richard

Reaction score
The phpBB files are moded for php-Nuke but the important thing is the database. I think you could quite easily and phpBB db to nuke's db.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Thanks Richard I kinda thought there might be away to do this ...the idea has been swimmin around in my head for awhile so I had to let it out LOL