php problem

silke_crombez15

Reaction score
hi, i'm using php and mysql databases for a flash application. on my desktop this works fine with WAMP server. i already imported the database to the phpmyadmin in cpanel. and i also uploaded my flash file. but i'm wondering where i have to put my .php file to get this working. with WAMP server you have to put the php file in the amfphp directory.

but here on my x10hosting account, i can't seem to find out how this works

chance.brown65

Reaction score
You have to put your PHP files in a folder, this can be accessed by either FTP'ing into your server (x10) with the information provided in one of the first emails you got when you signed up,

or

in cPanel - open up filemanager
got public_html folder

and that is the folder that the WWW (other users) can access, from that you could create a new folder, or upload the files using the options in the toolbar on the top menu of the File Manager.

to access your DB,

Like you I use WAMP, and am also new, and am having a problem connecting to their database from my files, getting connection errors in mySQL,

but hope that helps you get it in the right area

I would recommend using a FTP client, if your using WAMP, since then you can drag and drop once connected, instead of going through the whole website, logging in, going to cpanel, file hosting, click upload, and doing them 3 at a time....