PHP security error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calystos

Reaction score
IP incorrect causing PHP security error?

No idea why but recently I'm getting
"Warning: posix_geteuid() has been disabled for security reasons"
for parts of my site. I'm on Intermediate PHP level (or at least was) and cos of that I put in a request to be put up to Advanced PHP level about 2 or more weeks ago now (and never got any reply or response and the control panel thing is still saying its
You currently have an application pending for PHP version 3.
and has been since I put in the request).

Any ideas whats up? It was working fine a few days ago.

EDIT: K not sure whats going on but I just tried FTP'ing to my site and it's not using the proper IP, its using "174.36.10.70" which wasn't what it was using before (nor whats being listed on my account control panel either, thats "216.245.212.210") could this be to do with whatevers going wrong with my php? Have my account settings or something got messed up somewhere? (I've not changed any settings so no idea whats going on).

EDIT: Yup, just confirmed its using the wrong IP again. Its pointing it back to the old server IP somehow. Since most of my files aren't even on the old server anymore I could confirm via a ping and also via a web browser.

Last edited:

Calystos

Reaction score
is this your php code or 3rd party?
As I stated in my edits its nothing to do with the code it seems, as its always worked before and hasn't changed at all since I installed it originally (highly trusted source, since some of the codes my own too).

Looks like the IP addresses are setup wrong somewhere. Its pointing back to the old server, I checked this via ftpping to the old ip address and could see that most files were missing (as they were moved to the new IP which I also ftp'd to and could see all my files there).

Last edited:

Kermy

Reaction score
I was just informed that one of my sites is giving a similar error while trying to login to my frontend.

Warning: getmypid() has been disabled for security reasons.

The page it references is a 3rd party Joomla extension. But it all worked yesterday. X10 must be doing something I suspect. I'll wait and see what happens.

Last edited:

Calystos

Reaction score
I was just informed that one of my sites is giving a similar error while trying to login to my frontend.

Warning: getmypid() has been disabled for security reasons.

The page it references is a 3rd party Joomla extension. But it all worked yesterday. X10 must be doing something I suspect. I'll wait and see what happens.
Guess thats all we can do, since its nothing we've done or anything our websites or code have done. Just hope they fix it soon.

REBEL21

Reaction score
i think its because of the restrictions i havent been getting problems but you will not be able to upgrade to phpv3 with out a very good reason and a good expereince of php,
I would recommened you post a ticket in the support as i can not find another reason!!!

http://support.x10hosting.com

Regards,
Jamie

Calystos

Reaction score
i think its because of the restrictions i havent been getting problems but you will not be able to upgrade to phpv3 with out a very good reason and a good expereince of php,
I would recommened you post a ticket in the support as i can not find another reason!!!

http://support.x10hosting.com

Regards,
Jamie
Last time this happened was when they'd move the stoli server from the old machine to the new machine. Nearly all my files had vanished and my site was pretty much empty. Turned out that they'd not finished updating the IP address of the server to point to the new data location or something (and also the control panel was saying things were wrong too, such as I was back on php level 1 instead of 2 which is what I was). I have a feeling something like this has happened here. As up til yesterday it was working great and I had no problems whatsoever.

But I'll put in a ticket anyways.

EDIT: Just checked again, to make sure, and yes indeed the IP for my Stoli account is NOT pointing to the right IP of "216.245.212.210" its pointing to a total different IP (which is still an x10 server, but not the proper one it seems) of "174.36.10.70". I'll put this info into my ticket too.

Last edited:

REBEL21

Reaction score
this is very werid i was on stoli put never had a problem like this, i will look it up for you
Regards,
Jamie

Calystos

Reaction score
this is very werid i was on stoli put never had a problem like this, i will look it up for you
Regards,
Jamie

Thanks, I've also put in a ticket about it so hopefully something will get sorted soon.

As I said though, its only just happened within the past day or so. Was working great the other day when I last checked.

The first time the ip thing happened was when they'd moved servers, and thats also the time when the php security issue first kicked in too cos the server was thinking I was back on php level 1 due to the accounts not being updated properly during the move or something I guess. But was fixed not long after, an up til today everythings been great.

REBEL21

Reaction score
it might be that they have not changed the ip address on the php system im still looking into it i will get back soon
Regards,
Jamie

Calystos

Reaction score
it might be that they have not changed the ip address on the php system im still looking into it i will get back soon
Regards,
Jamie
Great, thanks. Hope your able to figure out whats going on. :)

REBEL21

Reaction score
i would say you are on level 1 as when you upgrade to level 2 you will not get this problem,
Regards,
Jamie

Calystos

Reaction score
i would say you are on level 1 as when you upgrade to level 2 you will not get this problem,
Regards,
Jamie
Exactly, somethings definitely gone wrong somewhere. I was on level 2 and had no problems. Then the server moved and loads of people including myself got lots of errors apparently due to the fact that the accounts hadn't been fully transferred yet. Once they were everything was sorted. And now this new problem has arisen, and its looking like things have gone in reverse for a short while, lol.

According to the account control panel I'm on level 2, which is correct as thats what I was on. Not to mention the fact that the IP I'm getting via ping/ftp/whatever is totally not the one its mean't to be according to the control panel too.

REBEL21

Reaction score
in the move i also had problems, it looks like they may have downgraded you to php level 1 accedentialy when the server got transfered i could be wrong though im just looking at some more info and yes i belive that something has gone wrong somewhere but i have been with x10 for a wwhile and had hardly any problems, this server move was supposed to make things better, but at the moment it hasnt (well things normally get worse before better) i belive we will have this issue resolved shortly i will contact and admin in a couple of minutes and he will look into it for you, im still looking for possible causes though so hold on a couple of minutes!
Regards,
Jamie
Edit:
Warning: posix_geteuid() has been disabled for security reasons
Edit:
just looking in to that now!

Last edited:

Calystos

Reaction score
in the move i also had problems, it looks like they may have downgraded you to php level 1 accedentialy when the server got transfered i could be wrong though im just looking at some more info and yes i belive that something has gone wrong somewhere but i have been with x10 for a wwhile and had hardly any problems, this server move was supposed to make things better, but at the moment it hasnt (well things normally get worse before better) i belive we will have this issue resolved shortly i will contact and admin in a couple of minutes and he will look into it for you, im still looking for possible causes though so hold on a couple of minutes!
Regards,
Jamie
Edit:
Warning: posix_geteuid() has been disabled for security reasons
Edit:
just looking in to that now!
Great, yeah I used to have loads of problems when I first started with x10hosting, but that was cos of the various issues they were having back then. All that downtime an stuff. Then after the server move (once all the accounts were sorted properly that is, php levels, etc) not a single problem til today. So lets just hope its a minor hiccup, :)

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
I'd like to insert that this isn't official support, and rebel isn't a staff member.

REBEL21

Reaction score
this happened before an admin has to enable the things disabled then it will be fixed hopefully, brandon is looking at this thread so hopefully he will sort it
Regards,
jamie
Edit:
i know im not a staff member,thanks compwhizii

Last edited:

Calystos

Reaction score
Yup I know, thanks, :)

Still at least he's answering an helping out a bit, plus contacting the admin an whatnot is good of him too, :)
So grtz to ya for that, :D

An what else is a forum for, if not to help each other out an answer each others questions which may in turn end up lessening the load for the admin themselves, :D

REBEL21

Reaction score
are you still having the problem because if you are then i will PM an admin,
Regards,
Jamie
Edit:
and just to point out this is know community help not official according to corey, and im just trying to help (im very helpful lol)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.