PHP/SMTP mail not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

stgeorge

Reaction score
I am using Joomla 2.5 and have been messing with trying to get mail working for over 40 hours now.
Websites cannot be without the ability to send mail.
Just seen this post.
Was using php Mail with no problem up to a week ago.
Tried SMTP with my SMTP mail account settings.
Outgoing Mail Server: (SSL) stoli.x10hosting.com (server requires authentication) port 465
Supported Outgoing Mail Protocols: SMTP, SMTPS (SSL/TLS)

Tried searching forum posts and Service Alerts.
Service Alerts:
Free Hosting - Mail/SMTP [Resolved]
is all I usually see.

Today once again a new message.

PHP Mail has NOT BEEN UP AND RUNNING FOR OVER A WEEK NOW!

I find it incredible that I have wasted over 40 hours trying to fix something that ain't broke because there is no function.

What on earth is going on here?

As for the Ticket system the Tickets just get deleted with no response.

But thanks anyway Corey for clearing it up. At least I will not be spending another weekend trying to sort this out.

RyanThaDude

Reaction score
Per status.x10hosting.com
We are aware of current mail issues with all free hosting servers, and they are being worked on.

The email issues will hopefully be resolved in the next week. We started implementation of some specialized software for emailing filters, however it required routing changes on edge routers that may be breaking external routing that you guys are using. We are working with our DC and the software vendor to work through some technical issues that have came up regarding it.

stgeorge

Reaction score
So your point is what?
I have been looking in on at least a 4 to 6 hour basis over the past week at the "Service Alerts"
Free Hosting - Mail/SMTP 19 hours ago

We are aware of current mail issues with all free hosting servers, and they are being worked on.

The email issues will hopefully be resolved in the next week. We started implementation of some specialized software for emailing filters, however it required routing changes on edge routers that may be breaking external routing that you guys are using. We are working with our DC and the software vendor to work through some technical issues that have came up regarding it.
THAT ONLY APPEARED 19 HOURS AGO!!!!

I HAD WASTED OVERS 40 HOURS BY THEN.

I repeat the PHP mail has been down for over a week on Stoli

The only service Alerts I have seen over the past week are marked [Resolved], when they obviously, are not!
Does anyone know what they are doing?

RyanThaDude

Reaction score
I can understand your frustration since I've been having similar issues. Thankfully the issue was found. At this point there's nothing that we can do except have patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.