PHP upgrade to Intermediate (v2)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moinkhan

Reaction score
I can imagine maximum efforts have been placed to resolve some of the server issues x10 is experiencing, but if someone could manage to upgrade my PHP version, that will be greatly appreciated. For a few days, I thought there was something screwy in my script as if failed to read the uploaded file from an HTML form, but after a little bit of research on x10 forums, it appears that I would need PHP v2.

When I couldn't upgrade my PHP from Account panel, I submitted a ticket; however, there had been no update since the ticket was created 3 days ago. Here's the ticket id (MGU-381276) if it helps.

My account is free hosting, ad free in Starka.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe everyone is on V2 right now until the new script is finished. From what I understand, it is not possible for anyone to change php version right now.

Maybe you could find an alternate way of doing the same thing you are trying to do in the programming help forum?

moinkhan

Reaction score
Thanks, garrettroyce. It's confusing because my account panel says my account has "5.2.8 Version 1 - Basic", but when I attempt to upgrade I see "This feature is not currently activated on your account. All accounts are set to x10Hosting's PHP v2. If you are not sure what that means, don't worry about it." I will take your advice and try the programming help forum to find if there's a different way to accept user submitted files. But, if possible I would like this thread kept open until an admin confirms my PHP version.

selcane

Reaction score
Hi,
How can i upgrade my php version?
what is this accounts page everyone is talking about?
do i need to upgrade my php to use pear libraries?
thanks

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
@selcane
PHP version cannot be upgraded by anyone until further notice.
http://x10hosting.com/panel.php
PHP versions only control the use of certain built-in functions, like fsockopen() and mail()

@moinkhan
it is very unlikely an admin will see your post here.

moinkhan

Reaction score
@moinkhan
it is very unlikely an admin will see your post here.

Well, they aren't looking at my support ticket either. I hope the support is better for the paid hosting. When I get the hang of it, I was going to upgrade to a paid service, but I am having second thoughts already.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, they aren't looking at my support ticket either. I hope the support is better for the paid hosting. When I get the hang of it, I was going to upgrade to a paid service, but I am having second thoughts already.

Right now with Lotus having some problems, the focus is less on the tickets and -more- about making sure Lotus is back where it should be. I'd imagine there's plenty of "My site on Lotus isn't working" tickets in there, and it won't do much good to tackle them until Lotus itself is back up and running.

As for Paid, theres 2 keys I need to mention (besides the obvious, that Paid > Free):

1) No PHPBasic/Intermediate/Advanced. You're paying so you end up on Advanced/V3 automatically.
2) Different ticket system. Paid's seems to email or otherwise bother the admin's directly. Plus the paid servers tend to be much more hassle-free, so if there's a ticket it's usually -not- related to a known problem, hence it gets looked at soon as they see it's there.

Plus you're paying - always take care of the ones making you the most $ :)

But to the subject at hand, I was under the impression that, for now at least, everyone's on V2 (on Free) until further notice because of the new site. Add to that the headache with Lotus and that "further notice" will probably be a bit further off than originally intended :(

selcane

Reaction score
@selcane
PHP version cannot be upgraded by anyone until further notice.
http://x10hosting.com/panel.php
PHP versions only control the use of certain built-in functions, like fsockopen() and mail()

Thanks for the link, i never knew about it. Now as far as i know the mail function works even for free accounts, that is the whole reason i signed up for x10hosting. If the versions only control certain built in functions, then that means the versions have nothing to do with installing pear packages.

so how do i go about using pear packages?

Status
Not open for further replies.