php var to JS var with redirect

oiwio

Reaction score
Im trying to reirect after a user gets a certain condition and carry over two variables to the redirect page. Heres the script, I think Im going to have to convert a php variable to a javascript variable

PHP:
$page = $_GET['page']
$attack = $_POST['attack'];
printf("<script>location.href='victory.php?attack=$attack&page=$page'</script>");

can anyone help me? Ive looked around on the web for a while and cant find a solution

bonzo meier

Reaction score
hi,

this is basically supposed to work, but you should handle the variables like this:
Code:
$page = $_GET['page'];
$attack = $_POST['attack'];
printf("<script>location.href='victory.php?attack=".$attack."&page=".$page."'</script>");

but note that the new $attack-variable in the url is now GET! so if your victory.php has another "$attack = $_POST['attack'];" in it, it won´t read the variable unless you change the method to $_GET.

peace,
bonzo

oiwio

Reaction score
Ill try it, but victory.php is GET

so far, it is not working

Last edited:

bonzo meier

Reaction score
ok, in the url you have posted the variables are treated as part of the string in printf(). but this should actually work if you change your script as i suggested in my first reply...

oh and by the way, is there a special reason why you use printf() in the first place? because as you don´t apply any formatting parameters, you should best go as simple as
Code:
print "<script>location.href='victory.php?attack=".$attack."&page=".$page."'</script>";

peace, bonzo

oiwio

Reaction score
I checked it again today and it was working, so thank you for your help. I guess it just took a little time to update the server