PHP Version Upgrade Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

eboyer

Reaction score
cPanel Username: eboyer

Domain/Subdomain: http://nciadnodeadmin.x10hosting.com

Hello i put in a request to have my PHP version upgraded to Advaced but it was not accepeted. Well i am trying to install Moodle an open soruce course managment software i have it uploaded but i get this error:
Fatal error: SUHOSIN - Use of eval is forbidden by configuration in /home/eboyer/public_html/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php(4838) : eval()'d code on line 4838
Moodle recomends atleast 40M memory limit, or else issues could coem up with severl users logged in at once.

So can i please be upgraded to what ever level i need to be to have eval() work and not hit the 40M miniumum memory limit.

Thanks

EDIT: Sorry in my hurry i put this in the wrong section, could a mod please move it? :X

Last edited:

wh00p101

Reaction score
You can change your php version yourself. just like you requested advanced just request intermediate.

Chris73

Reaction score
I will tell you now You have to have an extremely viable reason why you need level phpv3. They do not allow to many people to have it due to knuckle heads abusing it.

Not saying you would abuse it. Just they rather not take the chance then take a chance and have a server go down and have several people not be able to login due to one idiot.

With what you are showing you should be able to get it to work with phpv2.

So good luck with your request.

eboyer

Reaction score
I would use the controal pannel but i have this message fron when i applied from v3: "Your application for PHP v3 was denied. The reason stated is -"It changes within one hour of being accepted almost always. If you have issues with the memory limit and upload filesizes, post the forums. I can always raise them if needed for your account.""

I am pretty sure i can run moodle with 20-30 so levle 2 willl be fine.

Should i still request it in there instead?

Also thanks to everyone who took the time to respond. :)

Last edited:

Chris73

Reaction score
You can explain your situation and maybe Bryon can make some modifications to your account. So i would go and post in php upgrades forums. I am not sure if he will or not but i guess it would never hurt to ask though.

eboyer

Reaction score
I just sent in the request for v2 a few hours ago after reading the posts on the forum. Origannly i asked for v3 and was denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.