php_value in .htaccess - does it work for you?

Does php_value work for you?

• No.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Yes, on Chopin.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, on Lotus.

• Yes, on Starka.

• Yes, on Stoli.

• Yes, but I don't know which host.

• Yes, but you didn't list my host.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm trying to determine if the php_value directive works on any of the free hosts. It doesn't work for me on Lotus. If you need an option to test, try:
Code:
php_value include_path ".:[COLOR="Red"]~[/COLOR]/public_html:/x10hosting/php1/lib/php"
Replace "~" with your home directory (e.g. "/home/user"). You can also substitute any directory you wish for "~/public_html". If php_value works for you, please post a response in this thread saying which host you're on.

Edit: In the poll, should have included a way of specifying which hosts a "No" applies to. First person to respond "No" for a host, please post your host name. If someone has already said php_value doesn't work on your host, no need to post a "me, too" response.

Last edited:

Danielx386

Reaction score
Well, no offence, it it does not work for you, then it won't work for anyone else (unless your on paid, even them.....)

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, no offence, it it does not work for you, then it won't work for anyone else (unless your on paid, even them.....)

No offense, but there does seem to be small differences in the free machines.

Add: tried it and got a 500, here is the error log entry...
Code:
[Thu Oct 15 20:18:04 2009] [alert] 
[client 130.65.109.103] /home/******/public_html/.htaccess: 
Invalid command 'php_value', perhaps misspelled or defined 
by a module not included in the server configuration, 
referer: [url]http://xxxxxx.x10hosting.com/lynx.html[/url]

On Chopin

Last edited:

Danielx386

Reaction score
ok, any reason why? I alway though that all the servers would be the same, aprt from the server name and IP address. What different are there? (other than what I just said)

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe that there is the number of accounts for a starter.

It seems that php_value was indeed a paid feature.

Last edited:

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
ok, any reason why? I alway though that all the servers would be the same, aprt from the server name and IP address. What different are there? (other than what I just said)

Each server has its own configuration settings. Packages are separate builds on each server, but this can be considered a configuration issue, as the build configuration determines what gets built. Sometimes you'll find that a feature accidentally gets left out of a build on one server, but not the others. For instance, PHP's zip extension was left out of Chopin and Stoli's PHP builds recently. Apache modules also occasionally get left out.

Edit: As xav0989 mentions, each server also varies in user accounts. Each account exists on one server but not the others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.