PHPBB 3 database info

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushroom18

Reaction score
Where can i find the following info:

The Database Type - the database you will be using.
The Database server hostname or DSN - the address of the database server.
The Database server port - the port of the database server (most of the time this is not needed).
The Database name - the name of the database on the server.
The Database username and Database password - the login data to access the database

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You should make the database name, user and password.

To do this, go to your hosting cpanel and login. Once you're in locate the link for MySQL Databases.

In the New Database box type in a name for your database and click the Create Database button beside it. It should give you a screen saying "Added the database [THE NAME]". Click the Go Back button.

Scroll down the page until you find the MySQL Users area. Again, put in a Username and choose a password then click Create User. Again, this should give you confirmation of your entries.
"Added user [WHATEVER YOU CHOSE] with the password [WHATEVER YOU CHOSE]", again click the Go Back button.

We then have to add the User to the database. To do this, scroll to the bottom of the page where it says "Add User To Database". If this is the first time you have done this, only these will be available so all you have to do is click the button underneath "Add". On the next page, click the box for "ALL PRIVILEGES" (in the blue bar) then click the button "Make Changes", then click Go Back.

The type should be MySQL

Localhost (this should be set already) - but if not that's the hostname/DSN.

Hope this helps.

pats_place

Reaction score
i am having an issue installing phpbb3 on my account.
I get this error,
Could not connect to the database, see error message below.
Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111
I have tryed all kinds of different options but cant get it to work.

i changed the hostname to localhost and got this error,
Could not connect to the database, see error message below.
Access denied for user 'pat'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.