phpBB Forum Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycdlmusckat

Reaction score
I imagine this is probably just me, but I've been having SEVERE problems getting into my phpBB forum. I had this hosted by someone else before and for the most part, it looks like I've been able to migrate most of my stuff here. But the problems are I currently experience are:

1. Getting to my login page a lot of times is a game of chance - 9 out of 10 times it just says 'Server timed out'
2. When I do manage to get into the login page, proceeding further is an impossible feat. I input my login credentials, the system stalls for a bit and then takes me to an 'Application timed out' screen or something like that. Now I've noticed if I hit the 'back' button adn go back to the login page then click on any of the links, it actually has me logged in.

These things have never happened before so I'm tempted to think it's host-specific (hence my posting it here as opposed to the phpBB support forum). Please, I'd appreciate ALL the help I can get with this one 'cos it's driving me CRAZY!!!

Thanks guys!

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
This is a shot in the dark and I imagine someone has said this already, do you have all your files chmodded correctly ?

nycdlmusckat

Reaction score
ah, I'd have to believe so 'cos I actually merely moved the dump file to the server and adjusted my config settings accordingly. I had a dump made from the previous host and all I'm supposed to do is upload this dump file to my new server, adjust my config settings and I should be fine. *sigh* This is frustrating.

nycdlmusckat

Reaction score
Here's the message I get when I try to navigate to my forum index...

Attachments

• msg.jpeg
    msg.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 128
Status
Not open for further replies.