phpBB Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
This in no way affects x10hosting. This is for informational purposes only!

This message is for users who are registered on phpBB's forums, located at phpbb.com and area51.phpbb.com. Recently their site was hacked due to an exploit in their mailing list software, by using this exploit hackers gained access to their mailinglists, as well as their forum userlist including passwords.

phpBB officials say that if you registered an account there when they used phpBB version 2 or below, and have NOT logged back in since they upgraded to version 3 your passwords could be at risk due to the method they used to store these passwords. If you have logged in since they went to version 3, you should be safe.

If you are a registered member there, and use the same passwords across a number of sites, it's advisable you change your other passwords.

This information in full detail can be found on their original report located at:
http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29973

This in no way affects x10hosting. This is for informational purposes only!

Dark Neo

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, i wanna install that version, because i have mods that works.

Then i have to change and upgrade my mods, well thanks for all.

:biggrin:

Daniel S

Reaction score
When the exploit was used there was no update or patch that would of prevented the attack. So therefore it is not phpbb's fault since the script that was hacked was as up to date as they could get it.

themcman1

Reaction score
And before everyone starts running around going 'OMGZ should've used [insert forum product here]', there is nothing wrong with the phpBB software itself. It is just the website which was compromised.

Status
Not open for further replies.