phpBB - MySQL Error

smartcanuck1988

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to setup a phpbb forum. I have transferred the files and imported mysql database from previous host, then edited the config file accordingly.

However whenever I try to access the forum, I get the following error:

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/smartcan/public_html/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 332

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/smartcan/public_html/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 333
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

I have searched for help on this error, but it appears that in all other cases there's an initial message before the two warnings (e.g. unable to grant access to user, which is caused by the config file having wrong username/password .. or "too many connections" which sounds like a server-side issue). In my case though, there's nothing before those two warnings and the "Could not connect to the database" message.

What could be the problem? .. Thank you for your help!

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Most of the time this error occurs due to wrong mysql user name or password.Check if you have written correct mysql user name and password in config.Check if you have created mysql user with full privilages on PHPBB database.You should also check value of mysql host and database name in config file is correct or not.