phpBB or Invision Board?

Maurice

Reaction score
Err, did I understand the question wrong or was it phpBB and IPB and NO SMF?

coinoperated_kid

Reaction score
IPB all the way. mainly because it's easy to set up and because most of the forums i visit use IPB 2.0 or 3.1

Xempttt

Reaction score
well, x10 site is ipb so i guess i would say ipb. and because u can add cool things like arcade and rpg games and stuff.

nicholas

Reaction score
Mav3rick said:
well, x10 site is ipb so i guess i would say ipb. and because u can add cool things like arcade and rpg games and stuff.

x10 site is is using vbulletin :noexpress

ed2k3

Reaction score
I prefer IPB rather than phpBB. Althouth we will have to wait and see what phpBB3 is able to do and in what way is it improved. The biggest problem IPB has is the fact that v2 is not free... So that's one point for phpBB.

Refering to mods and skins, skins are much better IPB ones, at least ExtremePixels skins, but talking about mods, both of them have nearly the same. I wouldn't even consider SMF.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
YEah the smilies are really bad and some of the features are not even good! One thing that I liked was that you can get mods of your site you can acces there mod's list from your forum.

Monawco

Reaction score
i suggest using phpbb, because it's easy to use, and you can find loads of hacks for it, which are easy to install.
Demo : forum hosting

dhruv227

Reaction score
phbb rox, youll get everything for it including integration for most CMS's