• IPB

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • VBulliten

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

rsmaster

Reaction score
What is your favorite board program?
I prefer PHPBB because it is free and the administrator menu is easy to use and is somewhat like IPB.

ps3fan401

Reaction score
I prefer PHPBB, its free, open source, there are a ton of mods for it, and I prefer PHPBB's admin panel, I hate VBulletin's admin panel.

rsmaster

Reaction score
I prefer PHPBB, its free, open source, there are a ton of mods for it, and I prefer PHPBB's admin panel, I hate VBulletin's admin panel.
Except modding with phpbb is a lot harder than with vbulliten. But I still prefer phpbb.

scylla

Reaction score
phpbb is out of the question for me, other than vbulletin, I used MyBB until I was finally able to purchase a VB license. MyBB is user friendly, plugins are a snap to install, and template modification is simple. IPB, I never gave them a second look after the IPB 2.0.0 series but I do participate in an IPB forum and from what I can tell, their trying to play catchup with VBulletin.

Last edited:

lachytv

Reaction score
PHPBB3.0.6 for the win. better then SMF better then MyBB!

I have never used IPB but....

Phpbb is not as good as VB but it is free and has no problems running any forums that I have used so I would not recommend upgrading unless there is some special reason to do so.

blackhnd

Reaction score
MyBB ftw. it's all i've ever used and it's all i ever will use. 1.4 > SMF2 > phpBB3. phpBB is a pain in the ass to mod, and smf requires safe_mode to be off to mod, MyBB requires none of those, as it's based on a hook system.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Phpbb, definately. Its got most, if not all of the feature of vb, but in different ways, and is also free. I love its interface and just find it generally easy to use.

wrath99

Reaction score
phpb most deff even if i were to pay for vb or ipb i would stick with phpbb cause its an open source program, i'm all about the open source

and if theirs a problem usually a fix real fast.