phpbb2 forum ads

xose87

Reaction score
Hi, im not sure where to edit the template to add the coprate ads. I know in phpbb1 there's a .html file for me to edit somewhere so i can add the ads, but i cant find it in phpbb2. Need help pls.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
well i dont know what you mean by phpbb2, but i'm assuming phpbb2.0.x? some people think phpbb3 is phpbb 2.1 =/ soo...

if indeed it is phpbb2.0.x then you'll find that under [base dir of phpbb] > [templates] > [template name (default: subsilver)] there should be a file called overall_header.tpl the only difference between a .tpl and a .html are that the .tpl is just an extension used to tell you its a template file, inside it is just plain HTML with extra tags like {something} that the php parses when it takes the template to display.

so, if you know some basic html you should be able to handle it from there.

Last edited:

xose87

Reaction score
yea its phpbb 2.0.x lol. thanks anyway, i'll look into it.

jensen

Reaction score
Have seen this problem by a few members. Check out this thread by Chris S
http://forums.x10hosting.com/showthread.php?t=16058

If the modded installers are not what you are looking for then go and edit the index_template file under this folders

public_html > phpbb > template > name-of-template > index_tpl

Mitchell

Reaction score
I have phpbb 3 beta...and would it still be the same as php 2.0.x or 2.1.x? Just curious, but ya.

jensen

Reaction score
Oh beta3 is out already? Have not worked with it but should be quite similar.

See if you can find the file under the folders above.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
jensen said:

He's probably talking about a version he got from cvs. No beta of phpBB3 has been released yet.

Mitchell

Reaction score
Ok. I found that there is no templates folder. I think it was re-arranged. This is where I think it is...but I only see a template.cfg. I once added the php corporate ads to all of the php files...but was extremely slow...and would fail setup.

Anyway, this is where I found the template folder:

[phpbb default folder]/styles/subSilver/template/template.cfg. I think there is a .php folder that I need to add to. I'll get back to you ugys on that one.

Mitchell

Reaction score
Koshimi said:
He's probably talking about a version he got from cvs. No beta of phpBB3 has been released yet.
Actually, I know a guy who works at phpbb...and he let me try out this beta. I got it from no warez site. :cool:

jensen

Reaction score
Since we cannot run the phpbb3 to tell you where'e the file, can I get your permission to go in to take a look? What we need is the template file that runs the forum page. Or look for a header-include file.

PM me if you would let me take a look.

jensen

Reaction score
The quote below is taken from http://boards.phpbb-seo.com/phpbb-forum/olympus-phpbb3-vt96.html. Am addding this to the discussion to confirm that phpbb3 is already here.

They certainly have made quite major changes and upgrading would not be so simple.

phpBB3 - Olympus : Feelings and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
As you must know phpBB3 was released Beta stage.

It's not possible right now to use it online, but it's a very good occasion to see what phpBB3 (Olympus) will be like. And it's interesting to start sharing our feelings and to find out how hard will it be to upgrade when time will come. We'll certainly will have to sacrifice some mods.

You can go take a look. http://www.phpbb.com/development/files/phpBB-3.0.B1.zip

Last edited:

chris218

Reaction score
jensen said:

PHPBB £ beta1 is out. But you should not work with it in a live enviroment.

k12onos

Reaction score
as far as i know. in phpbb 2.20.

You can add advertisement by editing overall_header.tpl file in your templates folder. the same goes to overall_footer.tpl

if you cant find overall_header.tpl in your templates. you have to edit 'all' the .tpl files there to add ur advertisement.

correct me if im wrong.