phpbb3 password recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

master257

Reaction score
Alright so heres my problem, my forum is set up just fine! but... if a user trys to recover their password, the email says its sent but it never arrives? I dont know what is causing it but I looked more into it and if the forums says it sent that it has to be stopped somewhere server side or something so! Help is appreciated

master257

Reaction score
thats reseting an admin password, which is just for yourself. Im talking about if a normal user click "forgot my password" and sends the email with what it has to do and so on. The email does no arrive at its destination.

Danielx386

Reaction score
hmmmm, ok it been some time since I used the phpbb admin panel, but I recall that there a spot for the SMTP. What you could do is set up a gmail account, turn pop on, then plug the SMTP address in the comtrol panel (phpbb) and all the email SHOULD (read SHOULD) be sent tru that, and it then should get sent to the client. Sorry if badly written

master257

Reaction score
i cant seem to get the google smtp thing to work, not sure if im doing it right though,

server address: smtp.gmail.com
port: 25

Danielx386

Reaction score
no, that not the correct setting. Alot of people do that, and they find that nothing work. Take a read of this:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=13287
This is what you need
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS: smtp.gmail.com (use authentication)
Use Authentication: Yes
Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL)
Port: 465 or 587
Account Name: your full email address (including @gmail.com or @your_domain.com)
Email Address: your email address (username@gmail.com or username@your_domain.com)
Password: your Gmail password

Hope that help

master257

Reaction score
Well when i had upgraded to premium hosting it started to work so either way its fine, but thanks for the help anyways :D

Danielx386

Reaction score
Welcome anytime. Maybe they stop you sending mail after some time or something. Anyway, I'm glad that you got this sorted out.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Welcome anytime. Maybe they stop you sending mail after some time or something. Anyway, I'm glad that you got this sorted out.
I haven't heard of any limit on the number of emails send. Actually, there is no email cap. The only limit is the high resource problem. If you send too many mails at once, you will use to much resources at once and will be suspended for high resource usage, not sending too much email.

Status
Not open for further replies.