PHPBB3 User Session Integration

lostcommander

Reaction score
Hello and thank you for reading this! This is REALLY strange to me and I am quite lost at this point as to what might be happening or why.

Background:
I am trying to integrate MediaWiki, PHPBB3, and some of my own coded pages into a single, unified site, using a single session controller and single set of user accounts. MediaWiki has a plugin that sets it to use the PHPBB3 user accounts (I'll mess with unifying those sessions later) so I was going to use PHPBB3 as the central authentication piece/control. I found some code in a KB article on site session integration that I copied and some stuff on passing the session id around, both of which I am now using.

Problem:
If a user goes to my board, logs in, then goes to my personal area, everything works fine as it should. However, if a user goes to my personal area first, they are served the PHPBB guest-view board index page instead of the guest-view of my personal area page. The URL in the address bar says that the browser is displaying my page, but it has served the PHPBB3/index.php page.

Board Index Page: http://www.vrexchange.com/forum/index.php
My Page: http://www.vrexchange.com/trade/index.php

My page SHOULD look like a simple 2x3 cell table with a small amount of text and a couple random images (real content will be put in later - working on the backend of things first).

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks like something had done a rewrite.
Look in any .htaccess files for Rewrites.

lostcommander

Reaction score
There is no .htaccess-fu being done anywhere on my small site. No mod_rewrite, no redirects.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
The problem is that you've set it to 'under construction' mode. That takes precedence over the rest, I believe.

Try not setting to 'under construction' mode to try, and if it doesn't work, post the code of you index file here (strip out any sensitive information).

lostcommander

Reaction score
Doh! I never even considered that. Yeah, if I enable the board then the guest views work as intended. I had disabled them when I first installed it so it would be hidden while I worked on it and other sections. Thanks!

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I've had my share of phpbb3 integration... I used to know that thing on the tips of my fingers!
I though that I had forgotten everything, but it seems not!

Anyways, it's always a pleasure to help!

Last edited: