PhpMyAdmin Error 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysport

Reaction score
Hi,

Since the MySQL update I have had serveral problems with PhpMyAdmin.

A week ago it worked however it took about 5minutes to load each time you clicked on something.

Now when ever I go to CPanel then PhpMyAdmin I just get the following error:

phpMyAdmin - Error

#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)

Appreciate any help as I cant edit or work on my Database without access.

Elliot

Chris73

Reaction score
The mySQL will show down on that grid. They moved the mysql's to a different server.

As far as your issue langerz you need to change the config.php file...where it says localhost it needs to be changed to mysql.x10hosting.com and then goto the "remote mysql" in cpanel and add this %.x10hosting.com

Last edited:

Mysport

Reaction score
I already have these in place:

Remote MySQL:
Access Hosts
%.x10hosting.com
mysql.x10hosting.com

The other 3 entries come back even if you delete them.

By config.php I think Im right in thinking you mean the mysql_connect.php as well?
If so this is what I already had:

define ('DB_USER', 'mysport');
define ('DB_PASSWORD', '*******');
define ('DB_HOST', 'mysql.x10hosting.com');
define ('DB_NAME', 'mysport_mysport');

Please help me solve this problem

Thanks

Elliot

langerz

Reaction score
The mySQL will show down on that grid. They moved the mysql's to a different server.
I see.

As far as your issue langerz you need to change the config.php file...where it says localhost it needs to be changed to mysql.x10hosting.com and then goto the "remote mysql" in cpanel and add this %.x10hosting.com
thanks for taking the time to help me.
I hadn't setup the config.php since I could not get into phpMyAdmin to create the Database Schema for which my website will use.
The config.php has been changed and I can connect via the php scripts fine.

The issue I'm still having is with CP phpMyAdmin still generating error #2002 exactly like the first persons post.
Edit:
I already have these in place:

Remote MySQL:
Access Hosts
%.x10hosting.com
mysql.x10hosting.com

The other 3 entries come back even if you delete them.

By config.php I think Im right in thinking you mean the mysql_connect.php as well?
If so this is what I already had:

define ('DB_USER', 'mysport');
define ('DB_PASSWORD', '*******');
define ('DB_HOST', 'mysql.x10hosting.com');
define ('DB_NAME', 'mysport_mysport');

Please help me solve this problem

Thanks

Elliot
go into CP "MySQL Databases" and make sure that the username and DB name is exactly correct. The username and DB both get prefixed with the account name followed by an underscore.

Last edited:

Mysport

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion but its correct.

This is starting to get annoying!

Thanks

Elliot

edu2004eu

Reaction score
It's no use. The MySQL server is really down. I tried connecting from my local server (on my PC) and it said: "#2003 - The server is not responding".

avant5

Reaction score
phpMyAdmin isn't working, but the MySQL server is working just fine.

And while phpMyAdmin does make things nice and simple to navigate, there's nothing you can't do with a few lines of code in php to manage your database. It may take a little extra work and time, but you can still get the results you need. It doesn't have to be as frustrating as you are making it.

And the service might be slow, but it's the holidays, it's free hosting, and it's a volunteer staff. Cut them some slack.

langerz

Reaction score
phpMyAdmin isn't working, but the MySQL server is working just fine.

And while phpMyAdmin does make things nice and simple to navigate, there's nothing you can't do with a few lines of code in php to manage your database. It may take a little extra work and time, but you can still get the results you need.
You gave me a great idea. on a previous web server I had trouble with using phpAdmin and decided to use another Mysql administration toolkit.
If you get SQLyog Enterprise, you can upload a php file provided in the installation, and use HTTP Tunneling to perform just about any function, and maybe even more than you would with phpMyAdmin.
Just tested it then, it may be slow, and have problems every now and then (probably due to query timeouts), but most importantly, it works.

Enjoy your Holidays!! :D

Last edited:

Mysport

Reaction score
I meant no harm by setting up this topic, I just thought I would bring the error to their attention and attempt to get a resolution to the problem.

I understand its the holidays and this is free web host, which I really appreciate, the guys at x10 are top and offer everyone a great free web hosting service.

Elliot

langerz

Reaction score
I meant no harm by setting up this topic, I just thought I would bring the error to their attention and attempt to get a resolution to the problem.

I understand its the holidays and this is free web host, which I really appreciate, the guys at x10 are top and offer everyone a great free web hosting service.

Elliot
agreed,
I'd like to add that if noone reported the problem, then it would be downright irresponsible, and the issue would still exist.
Their are other threads that have probably reported this problem, but with non-descriptive titles, I do not, as I am sure others, do not bother reading through them. My suggestion (doesn't apply to this thread) would be to use a title that summarizes the exact problem, this thread title is a good example, of being clear and concise, without being to wordy. Very bad example that I see all too often.. 'How come this not work'. :lol:

Mysport

Reaction score
Im please to report Phpmyadmin is working now, I didnt change anything.

Its taking literally 10minutes to load each page but it working!

Status
Not open for further replies.