PHPmyadmin on chopin

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjh2303

Reaction score
Having problems getting into phpmyadmin on chopin today and yesterday, is this a widespred problem related to the server maintainance?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Please be patient, you will be redirected in a moment....

Only if you define a moment as several minutes. And when I get in, it is so slow that it is useless.

Also on Chopin.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Still waiting for someone to send me their login info :p

If you want it fixed, PM me your cPanel user\password. Logging in as an admin does not reproduce the problem.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
That sounds like something i and many others might be reluctant to do.

Possible choices you can make:

1. Trust Corey (our head administrator) with your log-in information, seeing as he owns the company, and can probably break your account in half anyway if he wanted to.

2. Don't trust Corey and deal with the problems.

:)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
If Corey needs credentials for Lotus, I can toss up some as well.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We have opened a ticket with cPanel regarding the issue, it seems the lag is something behind the scenes with cPanel before it's sent to the MySQL server. Logging into PMA via WHM and using the same PMA as cPanel does not produce this issue, 5-10 seconds to load up every DB on the server.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Wow. cPanel must have some major issues with their software. Not too long ago there was a problem with Apache.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We're still working out a solution to this. It looks like it is NOT cPanel but the way PHPMyAdmin works with it's permission checking. We have something like 80K user name\permission lines that it parses every time you do something in PMA. The reason we don't see it as an admin is it does not check the permissions because we have access to everything.

wjh2303

Reaction score
I dont know if it helps, but when i the home page for phpmyadmin does eventually load, the following error is displayed at the bottom:

The configuration file now needs a secret passphrase (blowfish_secret).

ah-blabla

Reaction score
I dont know if it helps, but when i the home page for phpmyadmin does eventually load, the following error is displayed at the bottom:

I'm assuming you installed your own copy of phpmyadmin: in that case the error is with the configuration of your copy of PMA, but not with PMA in general (i.e. unrelated to the slow functioning of PMA). (You need to configure PMA according to the instructions to get that error away, if you install your own PMA copy.)

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm assuming you installed your own copy of phpmyadmin:

I don't know about him, but you would assume incorrectly in my case. I have not installed a copy of phpmyadmin.

It now displays a sign-in screen, which it did not before the updates to mySQL on Chopin.

After the log-in, it desplays a screen that was not there before, and at the bottom are two notices:

The additional features for working with linked tables have been deactivated. To find out why click here
AND

wjh2303

Reaction score
I don't know about him, but you would assume incorrectly in my case. I have not installed a copy of phpmyadmin.

It now displays a sign-in screen, which it did not before the updates to mySQL on Chopin.

After the log-in, it desplays a screen that was not there before, and at the bottom are two notices:

The additional features for working with linked tables have been deactivated. To find out why click here
AND

What he said

alliedcommand

Reaction score

I'm getting the same error.

It's still taking awhile, but pages are loading. ( 4+ min load times now )

ah-blabla

Reaction score

AND
OK, it seems then that a new version of PMA must have been installed on the server, since the passphrase warning appears if you haven't set up the PMA configuration file yet. The linked tables part is also to do with configuration, but shouldn't affect the functioning of PMA -- it does say "additional features" after all. (PMA through CPanel doesn't load at all so I don't know what it says there.)

Edit:// the cpanel pma version loaded at last, showing no errors, but it is still SLOW.
And, the problem isn't chopin specific, it also occurs on starka. Oh, and there's a service announcement about this as well... Let's all hope!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.