phpMyAdmin problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

greeney

Reaction score
OK, I know phpMyAdmin is a slow script, but this is ridiculous. It can take me over 20 minutes for the main page of phpMyAdmin to load when I access it from cPanel. When I actually try to run a query, the connection times out.
I am on Cossacks. My domain is greeney.x10hosting.com and my cPanel username is greeney.

SomeoneH

Reaction score
It might be a overloaded server; I dont know, I'm not a expert.

What times have you attempted to run the script?

greeney

Reaction score
Just now, and twelve hours ago. That's what I thought myself, until it wasn't working now either...
Am I allowed to upload a smaller script of my own, like phpMiniAdmin, to administer the database?

SyncViews

Reaction score
I just made an sql query box for my self lol...For some reason sql querys are runing really fast but phpmyadmin takes at leaste 10 mins if it doesn't time out or return an error...

Mysport

Reaction score
There is a known problem with phpmyadmin.
It has been going on for over a week.
But seeing as this is a free hosting service and its been the xmas break im guessing the guys are just busy with family commitments etc.
You can use phpminiadmin, but to be honest, it isnt that much better.

You will just have to wait till its fixed!

projektr

Reaction score
phpMyAdmin has been responding slowly for quite some time now, but it doesn't bother me much. I'm pretty glad the mysql issues have been fixed :D

Ozzapoo

Reaction score
I've been experiencing this slowness aswell, except my account is on Absolut and when I click on the PhpMyAdmin link it goes to the "Please Wait" page and just hangs......

Could it have something to do with the recent move of the MySQL databases to 'mysql.x10hosting.com'? I have tried pinging it from Australia, but it always returns a 'Timed Out' message =\

Last edited:

ly0708

Reaction score
hey. try this lightweight script instead for the moment:
phpminiadmin
http://phpminiadmin.sourceforge.net/

It should work for basic features ftm. It's much faster compared to phpmyadmin, which is a server-resource devouring script.

upload the script, open it in your browser,
connect to mysql.x10hosting as the host and leave the port number empty,
enter your log in stuff, and you're good to go. ;]

Last edited:

CroydonYOU

Reaction score
I am having similar probs accessing MySQL and phpMyAdmin; many thanks for the phpminiadmin link.

To where do I need upload phpminiadmin.php ?

Can I get it into cPanel?

Many thanks, once again,

Ian (on Absolut)

CroydonYOU

Reaction score
Many thanks once again - I got phpMyAdmin running yesterday to extract some vital information about the database layout. This really got me out of a jam.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.