Playing Counter-Strike Source On Fedora15

fuzeboxsoftware14

Reaction score
I have gotten wine and playonlinux installed on fedora 15. At first I tried to play CS:S on just wine but after I restarted the system, it would load up and just crash after showing up the main screen. Now, with playonlinux, I am able to load steam as well as CS:S without any of them crashing. However, I have came across 3 problems I would like to figure out how to correct:

1. It will not show the internet servers. I have to join by following a friend to a server.
  2. When playing office, the snow (white), is super bright and makes it really hard on the eyes and causes the cursor to blend in the white and you can't see it...allowing for no head shots or shots period...kinda have to just spray
  3. The mouse cursor still shows around the aiming cursor, annoying...
I tried searching the net for these fixes and couldn't come up with anything. Greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.

wongers

Reaction score
dont think there are enough people who would even care about this, your better off finding a Linux support forum on this one, alternatively, load Windows in a Virtual Enviroment from inside your Linux Distro and then load CS:S via steam. problem solved?

I know its a bit long winded and a bit of a pushing on the resources side of things but it removes all the hassle of having to patch things to get them to work in Linux. its pretty much what i do.