Pleaase have a look - horse lovers welcome. :-)

redoakranch

Prime Account
Reaction score
Been updating a bit, the outdoor and indoor galleries mainly. LMK what y'all think.

Barn Bling is the next I really need to work on. I have a LOT of stuff, from tack to props, so I'm thinking I need to perhaps do that as thumbnails leading to separate pages. Ultimately the photo galleries probably should go the same way. There is, hopefully, a method ultimately to this madness, so feedback is what I'm looking for. I've got a pretty thick skin - I hope!

- Peg

http://redoakranch.x10hosting.com

Last edited:

davis143

Reaction score
It has a very less content! Better you include more content to the site!

redoakranch

Prime Account
Reaction score
Looks like I will be snowed in today (literally), so more content should be forthcoming, lol. And thank you for the text feedback!

threedee

Reaction score
The text color/weight vs the background decreases the readability of the text. If you're aiming for users to keep their eyes on the text, I would say have your background a bit neutral so at least the text still stands out.

redoakranch

Prime Account
Reaction score
Thanks for that tip. This is a slooooow rebuild of a site I had some years back that aimed at helping others with model photography, so text readability is important. Cheers!

redoakranch

Prime Account
Reaction score
Thanks all for the help; every bit of feedback has given me more to think about, and learn! :)

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
1.Site speeds are fine and running @ 0.1 sec /Kb
==>You can still load it with much more.
2.You can get a co.cc domain which might look like http://redoakranch.co.cc for free from www.co.cc
3.Site appears to be using a professionally written CSS.
4.The title "Welcome to Red Oak Ranch" font is not appealing.You can use some cryptic font as in "http://www.nytimes.com/"
This is a general trend.So use it to get more appeal to the page
Regards,
VVBB.
If you find my post useful,Please click the star in the lower left corner to give me some Reputation.

redoakranch

Prime Account
Reaction score
I've been disliking that title font more and more; I'll try something different. I was being overly consistent, I think, worrying about keeping all the font faces the same. D'oh.

At least the site looks a bit more professional - thanks!! 8)

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Also can you please say the name of the theme you are using?
Or did you make it on your own?If so ..what did you name it with?

redoakranch

Prime Account
Reaction score
I made the theme myself - the background is left over from my old site, and I still (painfully) recall how many different wood pattern .jpgs I poked through before finding something that didn't make my eyeballs bleed, LOL. We won't go into how long I spent tweaking the color of the main table for this new incarnation. I'm still not happy with the text margins, but I'll have to save THAT for an evening where I've got a few spare hours to indulge my anal-retention. ;-)

And I confess I haven't named it, yet - you've re-inspired me to keep studying up on CSS, the mastery of which is one of my goals with this project. I was on CLOUD NINE over your comment #3, even though I got only this far by beating the concept of nested tables and a hopefully somewhat correct use of div tags into my head. Now I'm still more determined to actually deserve that sort of positive feedback. :biggrin:

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Let us know when you are done by a considerable amount and then please stop updating for a while so that we review.
Whats your opinion sir?