please delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitkarman

Reaction score
please delete kitcars@exofire.net it will save the bother of checking to see if i have visited forums suspending etc,must be me but nothing seems to upload to my site.allthough i would still like to visit your forums,Thanks

Chris73

Reaction score
What do you need help with? Maybe i can help you. I hate to see people want to remove there hosting accounts because of something simple.

If you could explain your problem maybe i can help you.

Ok i went and looked at you site.

The easiest way to upload a website is to use and FTP program such as smartftp.
I use filezilla and i will explain in detail exactly how to use it. It's a free program and works great.

Step1: To Create the ftp account in filezilla. Click on the file tab top left of the filezilla window.
You will notice a tab that says "site management" click that. Now that opens the ftp set up window.
Down on the bottom you will notice several buttons. New Site, New Folder, Delete, Copy and advanced.
Click on the New site button. Now you will notice in the top left section of that window you have just created a new site that needs a name. Name it your site. In this case it would be "Kitcars". Hit enter.

In the right section you will notice empty boxes that need your input.

Where it says host you will enter "ftp.kitcars.exofire.net".
Port should be 21
Type should be FTP
Logon type should be normal.
Below you will need to enter all you user information. User Name and Pass.

Once that is finished you will notice you have a couple options: Connect, Cancel or Save and Exit.

Choose connect.

Ok so now you are connected to all the files that are in your cpanel file manager.

On the right hand side are the files in your file manager. on the left hand side are the files on your pc.

Now on the box on the right(files in the file manager).

Step 2: Open the folder named public_html.
Here you want to upload the the contents of your website you created on computer. Please remember if you have the website stored in a folder, locate that folder on the left hand side.

The upper box on the left is for locating and opening folders. The box below it on the left is where all the magic happens "ie uploading".

So after you locate your folder in the upper left box, open it.
You will want to upload the entire contents to your public_html. If you attempt to upload the folder containing the index.html or index.php info. since it is in a folder your website won't be seen.

I hope this helped you. If you have any further questions feel free to reply.

Last edited:

kitkarman

Reaction score
thanks for your help,but i cant get filezilla to log in i use it for my paid hosting with supanet which i find does not support a lot of things no database etc,filezilla allways 530 login fail.tried my username with domain address as i do with supanet but no joy,i was going to try free hosting with a view to bringing my domain from supanet on to a paid plan but cant get started,cheers Geoff
Edit:
must be username and password where im going wrong

Last edited:

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
thanks for your help,but i cant get filezilla to log in i use it for my paid hosting with supanet which i find does not support a lot of things no database etc,filezilla allways 530 login fail.tried my username with domain address as i do with supanet but no joy,i was going to try free hosting with a view to bringing my domain from supanet on to a paid plan but cant get started,cheers Geoff
Edit:
must be username and password where im going wrong

Well, hold on now. You have staff and members of the forum willing to assist you. Don't give up so easily here. :)

Okay, I am not one that is familiar with Filezilla, but I know a few of the members here are. If you give us some information to work on - I know we can help you get started.

kitkarman

Reaction score
ill keep trying but im off for a beer now so it will be tomoro,evening here in uk

Chris73

Reaction score
Make sure you use your cPanel username and password. The same ones you use to access you cPanel from the web.

kitkarman

Reaction score
ye after beer i dont think owt works would like it to but hey tomoro is another day
Edit:
lost the plot tried cant get in to filezilla,thanks but i will never do this,used all names i can think of including correct one
Edit:
cheers chris

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.