Please have a look

jtaah

Reaction score
I have just made some major changes to my site so could you please go and have a look at it and let me know what you think.

www.hauntedwa.x10hosting.com

Some of the updated stuff is the forums, submitted pics, ethics and values and glossary

rgds
jtaah

Sohail

Reaction score
You should put this in the Review My Site section you know as you are asking us for a review of your website.

Anyway, i'm not trying to be nasty or anything but this is one of the worst websites i have seen and so much more can be done. I suggest you get a favicon, and a logo. Maybe you should try using Joomla, as a content management system would be perfect for you. You could login from your cPanel and install Joomla from Fantastico if you want but it's your choice, i am only showing my opinion...

jtaah

Reaction score
Sohail Amir, Thank you for your response. I see you say it is the worst site you have ever seen which btw is your opinion, How about you tell me more then 2 little things that you think should be done.

rgds
jtaah

sunils

Reaction score
This is not the correct forum for this thread. Ask the administrator to move it to the review section.
But any way i am posting the review.

I like this subject very much. but now i dont have time to sit and read the thing.
To tell about the site, first of all dont use frames. its annoying, as sohil(sorry if the spelling is wrong), use a CMS for this site and it will be perfect. you have arranged the site better but have used frames. rest after going through the site deeply.

Franc0

Reaction score
yeah man get a CMS those frames are making the site real bad.. specially that black green gradiant

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok What is CMS?

A CMS is a Content Management System. In short it's a (usually) fairly easy way to organize everything on a site right out of the box.

I don't want to beat the dead horse so to speak, but to say it's the worst website in existance is a tad harsh - I've seen yellow text on white backgrounds before, and THAT'S a bad website. This isn't much higher up though for a few reasons:

1) Frames. Frames are hard to code for because frames rely on the browser itself - it's difficult to code for a specific size, such as 1024x768, when the frames will shrink if the browser is small, or stretch if it's big - tables or div's can do better than that.

2) The green gradient in the left - I'm viewing in 1280x1024 and it's tiling verticaly, which doesn't help matters - the main problem is that it's green - it stands out more than the page itself does, and it's also way too easy to tell exactly where that frame ends. There's no consistancy between the site - the reason it's green is beyond me, but it should blend in with the rest of the site.

3) Some of the pages themselves are so bright I can hardly stand to look at them - Investigations for instance. There is NEVER a valid reason for having a yellow-cyan box-style gradient as a background on a page.

A CMS should be able to make everything much more uniform; theres a good number of us on x10 who use them, and normally I'd link my site as an example of a CMS in action, however you might find it easier to use this instead:

http://forums.x10hosting.com/script...se-open-source-content-management-system.html

The ones that come highly recommended are Joomla (the one I'm using), Drupal, and e107. I might add Joomla I KNOW is available in Fantastico - I don't like it's default template much, but there's plenty available on the web, both free and paid to choose from. I'd hunt around a bit and see what you can find for CMS demo's, or hunt around in the scripts/3rd party forum and see what you can find. There's been a bunch of posts with users looking for CMS's, and usually there are also links to the CMS in action :)

Calipe

Reaction score
Content Management System. You should really combine your colors better, and use better graphics. A piece of advice is to not use iFrames as they will make your website look very unprofessional. Take the time to learn XHTML and CSS, get yourself Photoshop or some other professional Image Editing Software.

Sohail

Reaction score
yeah i'm just saying that maybe you should use Joomla is it would make things much easier for you. I could set this all up and customize it if you want. Just PM me if you're interested.

reglus

Reaction score
I agree with the other people. Its to dark, the colours dont belnd and all of the frames make it look strange. However if you istall joomla it will look good and make it easier to read because at the moment it reminds me of the first time I used a windows 95.