Please plz review my new site

gateway

Reaction score
Check out my new site http://mypals.co.cc

Ok, You are doing great in appearance but not good enough in seo. You site lacks good optimization in the header section. From what I got from the source
no keyword nor description meta tags are set. I think you have to attend to them. If you have any problem with that, I'll be glad to help

Coonz

Reaction score
Good spot gateway. Where exactly do you want that forum to go? I didn't catch what the site was exactly suppose to be about. Is it suppose to be like a community for you and your friends or what because thats all i really got from the title "MyPals".

gateway

Reaction score
the reason why I hit on the meta keywords and the description is that, whilst google indexes pages to see how to present them in search results, msn uses these two to list your site so you need to put them there. Your site architecture is fine, but as coonz said, you need some description even on the page.

For the sake of search engines, Look at the first ecountered part of your page and put them there. That will also be beneficial for your users.

I am sorry, but right now, my internet acess is so slow that I cannot acess your site to give more help.

But for the tip, I think you are using scripts. Some gives you the chance to edit you head meta tags through the config file whilst for others you need to do this on your own. If that is the case of yours, just try the head.something template and search for the <head> tag.
From the way your site appears in code form, Your head file already contains the <meta content="" name="description"> and the <meta content="" name="keywords"> tags. All you need to do is to put the description of your site in the content in the description meta tag and the keywords of your site in the keywords meta tags..................................
Ones again i am off for my evening lectures I'll come tomorrow for more brief outs.

vol7ron

Reaction score
I didn't look at it in too much detail, however, I would have to say that your images are really nice and the layout is fine, but I would make the banner image a little smaller in height, or bring the content up more.

The page starts too low, it's almost as if the user has to scroll when they first enter the site.

I hope this helps.

vol7ron

rudrorc

Reaction score
vol7ron is right...you need to work on the web banner...it is sooo empty! and moreover too thick...I mean the vertical height...should reduce it to avoid forcing new visitors to scroll in order to read the content. Design is fine.

By the way the widget at the extreme end of your left column is gr8...i'm in love with it!

vol7ron

Reaction score
A problem I see:
Expected end of value for property but found ':'. Error in parsing value for property 'background'. Declaration dropped.
[Break on this error] undefined
widgets.css (line 15)

Another, possibly related, issue:
The status of the page continuously says "Transferring data from flash.quantserve.com..." and never finishes loading. Not only is this a drain on resources, it is also a yellow flag to your users.

Perhaps as nice as the widget is, it could use some tweaking, or you could possibly do without it. A visual problem with it is that it's not wide enough. If you scroll all the way over, the scrollbar goes beyond the borders and you can't get it back. I would say do without the widget, but if you need it, it would definitely be something to look at.

However, the ultimate visual problem is what I said before, your page starts too low. You could reduce the image of the phone to make space or even start your content in divheader. If you really want to keep it that size, possibly angle it to get just a little more space in your page. I'm viewing at 1280x1024, which is definitely larger than the average, but just to get to your widget you have to scroll about 3 page lengths.

Additionally, I did some more detailed testing on your widget. There's an iframe there, in the iframe you should set the width to 215. This will solve the scrollbar problem. You may also have to resize the parent DIVs as well, however, I didn't need to in Firefox.

I hope this helps,
vol7ron