Please provide more details on status page

jleasia92

Reaction score
Hi -
first, thanks for the work you do to provide a free service -
It would be helpful to have more detail on the support page about what features are down. For example, nothing is mentioned currently about email being down (the php mail() function anyway) and so I'd think I should submit a support ticket. But as this has happened before (mail suddenly stops working, with no code changes on my part), I figure it's related to current server issues. Would be nice to have some confirmation of that though, just so I know it's not me or something I need to do.
thanks -

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We are looking at some automated ways to test and update the status page if there are server side issues, thanks for the feedback, it is definitely needed.

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
I agree. Many times I have had a problem, and I do what I am told: check the status page! The last post will be days ago and not related to my problem, so I submit a support ticket, and someone is kind enough to reply that they are already aware of the problem and addressing it at this time. Oops! Sorry to bother you! (Really!). However, I also appreciate the effort to manually update the status page in the middle of some problem or crisis.

Last edited:

silverbird775

Reaction score
We are looking at some automated ways to test and update the status page if there are server side issues, thanks for the feedback, it is definitely needed.
It would be very helpful. But how about the health status/health bar for each of server subsystems instead of logs? Cascade failures may clutter the automated logging making it unreadable or even miss something important. The actual subsystem status is the only information the user can be interested anyway. Knowing either the system or service is healthy or had some problems for a last hour or disabled or undergoing the maintenance is all we (me) need to know. The automated system may flag about some problem, the administration will make green status when resolved, this workflow will keep the status list as clean and simple as possible and always recent. For a special administration report the status announcement can be published.

It would be nice for account portal to display the server status too.

Edit:
Here is a good example on how the service status may look like: (not mine or x10!)
http://status.disqus.com/

Last edited: