Please relink old account to new account

pipeno52

Reaction score
I've had my account for 12 years (thanks! ;)) and now I was trying to log in to update my website. The last time I logged in must have been two years ago.
However, none of my usual passwords seemed to work, neither for the panel of the forums. And when tried to use the reset password form, I don't receive the emails to do so.

I read a few of the messages here in the forum, and saw that you can manually tie the existing service to your new client dashboard, if one registers again with the same email address and forum name. And so I did!
Could you please do this new tie for me, so that I can recover access to the panel of my website and not lose any configurations? I have email forwarding with my domain name which is of vital importance to me.

Thank you.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
if the last time you logged in was 2 years ago, your account would have been purged. (deleted)
so there would nothing to "tie together"

its doubtful, but staff might be able to help.
you will need to wait for a staff member to reply.

pipeno52

Reaction score
might have been less... in any case, X10 Support, please help me recover the Panel for my account. Thank you.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
might have been less... in any case, X10 Support, please help me recover the Panel for my account. Thank you.
Please log out of your clients dashboard and back in you should now see your service linked properly.

pipeno52

Reaction score
Thank you, I was able to log in into the Panel now.
But I'm trying to access the Hosting Control Panel (I assume this is where I can upload files to the public_html?) , and the same credentials don't work. I also tried with User Name "gearbox", which is what the Panel displays. But I can't log in.

Could you please guide on how to access the Hosting Control Panel?
Also, are there instructions somewhere on how to upload via FTP?

pipeno52

Reaction score
Well this is odd... the log in form for the Hosting Control Panel was bouncing back as if the credentials didn't work....
But I accidentally clicked on the Hosting Control Panel button again, and it did enter, as if I did put the right credentials.

My question about FTP access still stands though. Thank you.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well this is odd... the log in form for the Hosting Control Panel was bouncing back as if the credentials didn't work....
But I accidentally clicked on the Hosting Control Panel button again, and it did enter, as if I did put the right credentials.

My question about FTP access still stands though. Thank you.
Hello,

As mentioned I tied your hosting to this account and you should access it each time via the control panel button.

As for FTP :
When you create your service you create the hosting service password. This will be your password to use to log in directly to Direct Admin along with your default FTP and webmail account. If you do not remember or you need to change this password you can do this in the Services section of your account : https://x10hosting.com/panel/services Your username will be the service username listed for the service