Please review, looking for any kind of feedback

welch

Reaction score
The Studio 205 web site is intended for prospective artists or game developers or whatever to listen to some samples and perhaps choose to hire me to make some tracks for them.

http://studio205.x10hosting.com/

When I finalize it I plan on getting an Ad-Free plan for better server up-time and some added reliability, so please tell me what you think of what it looks and sounds like!

balaji2u

Reaction score
make the logo.png as transparent or else blend it with the background color
try giving some other color for selected menu item.
thats it.
simple and neat (6/10)

welch

Reaction score
Changed the logo / menu item colors a bit and the transparency.

Thanks! Should look a lot better now.

tittat

Reaction score
Your header doesn't math with the background of your site, make it transparent.
Good Luck :)

welch

Reaction score
I've changed the logo to where there's no overlay or background, think it should be a little more in place now.

If not please let me know! Trying to add in a little purple to have the college school colors in it a little bit.

balaji2u

Reaction score
its my suggestion that ur logo color is not well prefered for black BG try some thing some thing bright in it. and if you can make some mirroring effect or water effect in that text..
one more you didn't still changed the color of selected menu item..

welch

Reaction score
alrighty I changed up the colors a lot with the navigation and logo and added a mirroring effect.

It should be a lot better now.

EDIT: The navigation/menu only looks right in Mozilla, because I checked it in I.E. and it loads the menu background that should only happen if it's being hovered over and I have no clue why.

Last edited:

welch

Reaction score
It's been played on a bunch of rock stations in Texas actually. Only successful song I've made thus far considering.

welch

Reaction score
the x10 server was prolly down. the free server's apache daemon goes down a lot I've noticed. not anything I can do about it

Scott B

Reaction score
8.5/10

While being simple, the design is very nice and functional. Maybe add some kind of background to separate the content and blank spaces to the sides?

Good luck :)

brayden13

Reaction score
yer i give 9/10 once that logo finished loading the site was incredibly fast, but i don't get the point of the site. well it is a great theme. oh now that i had a better look at the about page i get it now.

Last edited:

cobyone

Reaction score
I think the site is nice and simple, but there are a couple of things that could instantly make it a nicer design.

The change from black background to the grey gradient background when you hover over a menu item is a very contrasting change. I would consider giving the menu items a background that distingushes them from the page when they arent hovered so that when you do hover them the transition is smoother. Also if the reason that "news" doesnt have a rollover is because it is current page, you need to find a way of letting the user know this - it looks just like all the other menu items and it took me a few seconds before I realised why it wasn't doing anything.

Another thought - consider having each news item more distinct. The space between a header and the item above/below is the same. Consider a) making the space closer below, b) putting the "posted on" info on a new line to create some whitespace to the right of the title c) indenting the body of the entry a little so it's clear where one section starts and finishes.

brayden13

Reaction score
for the news page you should just use a blog software eg. wordpress but wordpress can get a bit hard to get used to.

welch

Reaction score
I'm only going to use my own code. If there's a vulnerability in someone else's created script I'd hate myself for what comes out of it.

Anyways, I've changed the News articles in a way that they should be more organized and readable.

The Menu items now have a dark shaded gray background when they are active to avoid the confusion, though I'm still working on a dark grey gradiant to have when they are hovered over.

thx cobyone!

Sohail

Reaction score
The logo doesn't stand out much and I don't think the colour scheme is that effective but your layout is okay :).

amolpatil2k

Reaction score
Try Logo Creator to tweak the logo. Also change the MySpace link to either read Studio205 on MySpace or load in a frame within the x10 site or load in a new window.

welch

Reaction score
It does load in a new window... ???

And I'm not trying to make the logo stand out to much trying to get viewers to focus on the content, I'm not sure if it's effective but that's how it's designed.