Please Review My New Site

atiqbd4ever

Reaction score
Hello i've created a new site based on information. The site is only 15 days old. please visit the site and give any informative suggestion to improve it. Site address is infozone24.com

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The biggest problem I see is that your "information" theme is too broad. The site seems to be concentrated around agribusiness, (heavy) industry and South Asian economic development (with a particular emphasis on Bangladesh). That should probably be reflected in all of the site's thematic elements rather than keeping the too-open "information" theme.

That doesn't necessarily mean restricting the content of the site -- the Wall Street journal, after all, does not stick rigidly to the goings-on on Wall Street -- but it does give the reader (and search engines) a better idea of what the site's emphasis and strengths are. With the possible exception of a site like Wikipedia, it's very difficult to be all things to all people, so the thing to do is to find a niche where you can be the go-to site. You seem to have settled on a niche; now it's just a matter of letting people who have a strong interest in that niche know that your site is a good place to go for that kind of information.

aoguide

Reaction score
Greetings, atiqbd4ever.

To reiterate essellar's point, the first thing I notice about your site as a visitor is the ambiguity of purpose. Your site claims to 'bring the best information', but you fail to immediately mention on which topic or topics you're reporting for. While it becomes more apparent when one looks at the navigation items and upon closer inspection of the content, it should be made clearer before the visitor has to apply effort. Remember, this is the web and for the most part we live in a world of convenience. Therefore, I would suggest adding a more precise tagline to your banner.

That brings me to the next part, your banner; it's ugly. You don't have to be a wizard at using Photoshop to produce a good banner that fits the theme you've chosen. All it requires is a little attention to detail. The theme uses low contrast oranges and blue-greys. Limit the use of typography to compliment the rest of your theme (Helvetica Neue/ Arial).

Next on the review is typography. The font, size, and colour are all acceptable. However the alignment is not. Justified text is more difficult to concentrate on. I suggest changing it to ragged (left aligned).

I'm not sure why you have a carousel on the index page. If it has a purpose, make it more clear. Having a carousel for the sake of it is worse than not.

I noticed you publish multiple posts some days. While on the one-hand this shows dedication it also shoots yourself in the foot. You should never drip-feed content, but at the same time don't over-do it. A post every few days, unless important and current news, is sufficient to keep people wanting to come back for more.

There are high compression rates on the images you have across the website. They're full of artefacts that reduce the professional tone you seem to be trying to commit. Use stock photography websites like http://www.sxc.hu/ to get high quality images and be sure to save them as high quality JPGs/PNGs.

On a final note, I think your site will become successful if you keep putting effort into it. Look at the little details and improve on them, a bit at a time. Try not to roll out massive changes - people are often resistant to it.

Good luck,

Michael

Last edited:

strict99

Reaction score
Greetings, atiqbd4ever.

To reiterate essellar's point, the first thing I notice about your site as a visitor is the ambiguity of purpose. Your site claims to 'bring the best information', but you fail to immediately mention on which topic or topics you're reporting for. While it becomes more apparent when one looks at the navigation items and upon closer inspection of the content, it should be made clearer before the visitor has to apply effort. Remember, this is the web and for the most part we live in a world of convenience. Therefore, I would suggest adding a more precise tagline to your banner.

I would suggest the same....
for the rest, it's perfect.