Please review my personal portfolio site....

t44studio

Reaction score
This is my personal website to help clients learn more about me and showcase my work. Some code is borrowed and a lot I coded myself. Some parts are still under construction (they should function, but I just want to improve on them).

How can I improve it? I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Special Notes:

• If anyone can tell me how to improve my SEO, I'd really appreciate it. I'm terrible at that and am sure I'm doing something wrong with how I did it with my site (poor meta tags?, etc.,); when I search on any search engine, I'm virtually non-existent.

• Does anyone know if you can use a customized 404 page using x10? If so, how?

Thanks much!

http://teresasutton.pcriot.com

threedee

Reaction score
Personally, I like the style. It looks very clean. One thing to note though is to make sure to prepare yourself to the possibility of receiving spam because of your email address posted on the site, which can be easily harvested by email crawlers :) You may want to format it in another way; otherwise if you don't mind then everything looks great.

To create your custom error page, create a .htaccess file (if you don't have one)

and add this line:

Code:
ErrorDocument 404 http://teresasutton.pcriot.com/custom-error-page.[FONT=Verdana]php[/FONT]

Just change the URL to whatever path your custom error page is on.

Last edited:

t44studio

Reaction score
Thank you very much! I tried to go with a simple design; I just wanted something clean. I think I might have to live with the email the way it is, but I don't get too much spam.

Also, thank you very much for the note on the error page. :)

aviate44

Reaction score
Hi there. Looks pretty good. Have you considered a captcha for the mail form? Bellmailer is a very small and simple script if you don't wish to add write it yourself. Once again just a method of reducing unwanted mail.

Last edited:

t44studio

Reaction score
I thought about adding one. They usually annoy me, but I think you're right in that it would be a good idea.

Qombat

Reaction score
It might just be me, but the contact form on the right side of the page kinda drew my attention before anything else due to the stark contrast in colors. I recommend giving it its own page to hide in. As well as this, your links don't actually have any response to a mouseover. Make them change color a bit or something, even if to a lighter yellow.

phinix0867

Reaction score
I like your retail advertisements. Both the supermarket and tool store one. I always thought it would be interesting to create one. The design is good to, good choice for a portfolio page.

Last edited:

tim4rd

Prime Account
Reaction score
Very clean, modern and slick. I like the overall design, you definately seem to have a talent for design and creativity, keep it up!