Please review my site

moiety

Reaction score
Not too bad, but a little rough-looking

OK, some suggestions:

1) You're trying to get too much on the front page. Also, the point of the site isn't immediately clear. Yes, it's a field. Are you selling accomodation, food, transport, promoting the local area, what? You should make the visitor aware of exactly what the site is about in the first paragraph his/her eyes land on in seconds.

2) The extra scroll bar is irritating and unnecessary. Also, partly a function of trying to get too much on the first page. I'd suggest either splitting all but the most basic information off to another page OR just have the headings and have the rest of the paragraphs expanding and closing when clicked. If you go to hotscripts.com you should find something under ajax or javascript to do the job

3) The basic point. Yes it's a field, but so what? We've all got a field...what makes your field special? This should be on the top of the info page about Fairy Meadow...feel free to go on about hundreds of miles of unspoilt wilderness; the awesome views, plants and wildlife that can only be found here; interesting geological features etc. How many people have been killed there isn't a sales point.

4) The photo on the front -while pretty- is a little large and doesn't tell the visitor much. Maybe smaller images with the paragraphs showing transportation/accomodation etc with the large image replaced with either a smaller one, or a composite of several images.

5) You obviously have a computer and a camera. You might benefit from this:
http://people.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html
...to stitch a bunch of photos together into one panoramic image. This will give the viewer a better feel for the scale of the scenery- an effect you just can't get with a single 4:3 image

6) Navigation- It's all over the place. If you click on the Hunza link, you can go to Gulmit or Duiker, but not back to Fairy Meadow. If you click on the Chapursan link you end up on what looks like a completely different site. etc.
I would suggest something like:
Index page, with a pastiche of images from all the places; a concise explanation of what you're trying to achieve with your website & links to the various places.
1 page per place, with travel/accomodation etc info. Each page to have a link back to your index page.

7) Photo Galleries- You need to either open these in a new window or include a link back to your home page. There's no way of getting back once you open a gallery.

I hope the above has been helpful

Last edited:

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I also think there is too much on the homepage, and the sub-scrollbar is very annoying, as previously mentioned. Maybe have each link pointing to a separate page on your site, rather than linking to text further down the page.

Make the text a bit bigger, have some colour, and most importantly, less of it! You have a lot of information on your homepage, which makes it a bit daunting to look at. Maybe have your picture, and the links pointing off to different pages with that information on.

Get rid of some of the ads! They take up most of your page-valuable space you could use for something else.

Hope this helps :)

shadowkitty

Reaction score
Too many ads on the front page and not enough space for the article. Try using some tables and reducing the size of your ads and putting them in spaces where the page won't feel so cluttered. The photo gallery is beautiful, it's just the front page that needs work.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Dear all,
Please review my site http://www.ali.net.pk and let me know how can I improve my site and make it presentable?

Regards,

Zar

I think the other posters pretty much covered everything, but the one thing that I want to emphasize again is to reduce the number of advertisements. According to Google, I think the largest number of ad sites you're supposed to have on a single page is two anyway. When I load up your site, I see two advertisements taking up the entire screen right away, then more as I scroll down.

playminigames

Reaction score
much much better, but that picture is throwing off the content so i would switch the content and the picture around, the mouse over on the nav is a little simple, could have some improvement. But much much better. Good luck!

against1

Reaction score
BTW I like your site and the breath taking views of the snow covered mountains. You can improve it by making some changes and resizing the pic on the main page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View my blog at http://pakroads.blogspot.com