Please review my site

serialb

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'd love ideas on how to improve my new site: New DVDs This Week. Most of all, I'm hoping someone can tell me why the template goes kaplooey whenever you click on a menu link. Thanks.

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
You will need to post your website link before we can look at it....:smile:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Site loaded fast. Simple design. Good color contrast. Easy to read.
Copyright notice near bottom of page: "Copyright © 2009 ---. " You will want to change that or delete it, whatever is appropriate in your case.

serialb

Reaction score
thanks, carl. i appreciate it. i thought it came out ok considering how quickly i threw it together...if only the page didn't get weird when you click on menu links. that didn't happen on my local server. i rebuilt it from scratch (becuase i couldn't upload the completed site). when i finished, it was identical to the original except for that glitch.

anyway, thanks again.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
if only the page didn't get weird when you click on menu links.
I did notice that before but did not mention it. I figured that you just not completely finished up all the details yet. Cannot help you much with that problem. I build and make adjustments to my websites on live servers instead of testing on local server. Using Joomla most of the time it is easy enough to switch to "down for maintenance" mode if things go horribly wrong. You are on the way to having a nice website. If you are unable to work out your glitch with the menu links I am sure somebody here will be able to help you out.

serialb

Reaction score
I did notice that before but did not mention it. I figured that you just not completely finished up all the details yet. Cannot help you much with that problem. I build and make adjustments to my websites on live servers instead of testing on local server. Using Joomla most of the time it is easy enough to switch to "down for maintenance" mode if things go horribly wrong. You are on the way to having a nice website. If you are unable to work out your glitch with the menu links I am sure somebody here will be able to help you out.

Thanks. I hope you're right about someone here knowing how I can fix it. Only thing I've figured out is that the problem isn't in the template (same problem when I switch templates). Maybe I should ask in a different section. (I'm new here and still finding my way around.)

Thanks again.

wongers

Reaction score
hey, not a bad looking site in all fairness.

some of the articles at the bottom of the site dont appaer to line up properly with the layout of the page, it appears you've given elements a specific width value as apposed to allowing them to stretch/resize to fit with the layout.

if your not sure what i mean by that, i can provide a screenshot later.

also, this is mroe of a personal thing, i dont really understand the point of this site?

serialb

Reaction score
hey, not a bad looking site in all fairness.

some of the articles at the bottom of the site dont appaer to line up properly with the layout of the page, it appears you've given elements a specific width value as apposed to allowing them to stretch/resize to fit with the layout.

if your not sure what i mean by that, i can provide a screenshot later.

also, this is mroe of a personal thing, i dont really understand the point of this site?

Thanks wongers, I know what you mean about the article at the bottom being a different width. I need to make a slight adjustment is all.

As for your not seeing the point of the site, well...I've got a serious problem if others feel that way. Thanks.