Please review my site.

ne0natas

Reaction score
So I just started making this site the other day. Its just going to be a simple personal site for myself and g/f. I only have basic web design and flash skills but I'm getting better.

http://www.tkspacebook.tk

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, you get thumbs up from me simply for including a picture of coffee beans - pretty sure that is coffee beans - in the header animation. Carl likes coffee. The About Us, Pictures, and Music pages are blank. You probably know that. Be careful about what you put on that Music page - make sure you don't have any copyright problems.

ne0natas

Reaction score
Well on the music page I will probably just put a playlist from www.playlist.com. So I'm thinking that should be ok. Perhaps I'll throw in some stuff I've created too. Pretty simple. What do you think about the color scheme of the page in general? I like darker colors but my g/f hates them so I kind of had to compromise. A lot... oh well :rolleyes:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I like the color scheme myself. I prefer lighter colors and fonts with good contrast so pages are easy to read. I usually find darker colors difficult to read and a little "depressing", but that is just a matter of my personal taste. You can't please everybody so just try to please yourself, or, in you case, your girlfriend. :)

ne0natas

Reaction score
Your eyes bleed? Is it really that bad? :frown: Come on... Give me a little more credit than that.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

Can anybody tell me how to nest a scrollbox on my page? :confused:So that I can add more content that can be scrolled down.

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

Okay, I figured out how to nest a scrollbox. Now just need to add more content. :redface:

Qombat

Reaction score
Too many moving parts. The logo really shouldn't be moving as it draws the viewer's attention away from the content. Give your background a bit of depth, maybe create a dark 128x128 block with a slight bit of noise, giving a nice background but again not drawing from the content.

The ticker thing on the left has a light-on-light, which is always horrible to read, no exceptions.

Your links still have underlining, I highly recommend removing them as they're obviously navlinks, no need for an underline. a simple
Code:
text-decoration: none;
in your CSS will do that trick if you don't know.

ne0natas

Reaction score
Okay, i've done some updates on the site. Took some of your advice... I think it is starting to look better. Hope you do too. :redface:

tim4rd

Prime Account
Reaction score
Some interesting features, not really fussed on the general appearance of the page, too much contrast seems to be a bit of a dated design. Please take this as constructive criticism and opinion and not as an insult.

GtoXic

x10 Support
Reaction score
if it had some real info on, I'd give 10/10 but for now, 9/10 for the coffee beans! (I like coffee as you can gather)

ne0natas

Reaction score
Well... thx for all the feedback. however, I am having a some problems. I can't seem to figure out why my nav images rollover properly at tkspacebook.x10hosting.com but they don't seem to work at www.tkspacebook.tk Does anybody know why this happens? I guess its not really that big of a deal. Just kind of annoying. Also just noticed that the page is bigger on the tkspacebook.tk site. Not sure why this is the case either.

Last edited:

bertie01a66

Reaction score
Hi,

On the 'Contact Us' page on the 'E-MAIL' section, you cannot insert an '@' symbol! That could be a problem for your visitors!

I, personally, am not so keen on the color contrast, although as long as you and your girlfriend like it, then I suppose it will be fine!

Thanks.

ne0natas

Reaction score
Okay... not sure if your keyboard is working correctly but the @ symbol goes in just fine on both www.tkspacebook.tk and tkspacebook.x10hosting.com. Something must be wrong on your end.

ne0natas

Reaction score
Re: Please review my site. Updated!

Okay folks... So the site is basically finished. Might make some minor touch-ups in the future. Let me know what you think. www.tkspacebook.tk

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry, but it looks like you've made it in frontpage. I kinda like it, though :)

~Callum

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hi,

It's pretty good.

Like the links to Twitter etc.
Minor points:
The bottom bar [twitter, translate etc] is good, but it does cover your copyright bar on Firefox.
The colours in your logo TK Spacebook seem to clash [the red and the purple] and make it hard to read it. Try different colur mixes????