Please review my site

fflandrath53

Reaction score
Dear choryew36,
There isn't much to review, your site is little more than a link to Xpango. If you are interested in web design you should start with an on line tutorial, there are several, just Google something like "web tutorial." Here's one I have used for a long time and find it a good introduction to just about any development topic, http://www.w3schools.com/.
Best wishes

learning_brain

Reaction score
Agreed. This site is a very basic wrapper for linked content.

Tips to improve....

1) Start by not using tabular layout and learn about div's and css (cascading style sheets).

2) Using css, add some padding to your content space - keeping the text away from the outside border.

3) The bright blue background is quite offensive IMHO. Try something subtler.

4) For an up-to-date gadget site, try to avoid using the default "Times New Roman" typeface.

5) You have loads of <br/> returns or some reason giving loads of blank space. It begs the question.... why?

6) I have to say that your grammar and spelling leave a little to be desired. I'm no expert, but I suggest re-visiting your pages and running the content through at least a spellcheck.

7) The explanation of the "way it works" is confusing and reminds me of pyramid selling. If you really want users to start using this scheme, you need to wrap it up in a much prettier package, rather than explaining what I would consider "the nasty nuts and bolts". For instance, if someone figures that they are not going to get something free without loads of work, they won't bother.

I have to say - this doesn't look like it's had a lot of work done to it and smacks of promotional hijacking.

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It looks to me like he's just using the site and this forum to gain referral credits to get his own free gadgets, considering how the links go to a ?ref=### url.

choryew36

Reaction score
i am just promoting my site i wanted some suggestion how to improve it thxs for the remarks

---------- Post added 07-04-2011 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-03-2011 at 11:54 PM ----------

BTW i am a newbie in web design!
Thanks learning_brain i am running my content using microsoft word spell check and planning to improve my site
@sj_wolfe duh! it is a freebie portal site! i am just looking for reviewers for this
@fflandrath53 I am a newbie in web design idk on CSS maybe i may borrow books from the library on that!

Last edited:

kaushal.aniket26

Reaction score
Nothing more to say about. Its a very simple HTML site. Looks good. You will need to write more to convince your visitors to click on your links. You can also put data of ' How it works' on homepage.

choryew36

Reaction score
To All forums coming soon,for trading referrals,referral conga lines and general discussion on freebie sites
Admin application opens when forum opens

Last edited: