Please review my site

vol7ron

Reaction score
I really like it, I might like it better centered, though. Also the page is much longer then it's content. You should minimize the scroll where possible

Last edited:

Afterburn

Reaction score
Nice design, simple and effective. There are two things that bother me, but then again its only me, so don't feel obligated to change anything.

One, being the red news ticker box, the text is hard to read and the red title link is extremely hard to see as well, i would suggest a WHITE.

The other thing, the layout doesn't really grab my attention, i think something that makes me say "Oh wow, this site is awesome!", just my $0.02.

JuniorD

Reaction score
center it and make the content area a bit bigger. otherwise, awesome site.

Gargron

Reaction score
Thanky ou, guys, I'll try to do my best. But there's some problems with coding, so I can't fix all of the thing you listed. e.g. I can't center the page, because its width is fixed: so an 1024x768 user sees it centered, but 1208x1024 sees it on the left side. But both can read it. If change this, the 1024 user will only see black background and a long x-scrollbar. :happysad:
I will try to do other things happen. Thank you!

vol7ron

Reaction score
I just wanted to add that there is also a problem with one of the overflows of the scrolling news. The link is broken up along two lines, but they are not near eachother. (it is pushed to the left) consider putting each link in its own span tag.

One, being the red news ticker box, the text is hard to read and the red title link is extremely hard to see as well, i would suggest a WHITE.
After looking at the site again, with a different monitor, I also agree with this statement. White would be a better choice; either make the font white or choose a softer red for the background.

Thanky ou, guys, I'll try to do my best. But there's some problems with coding, so I can't fix all of the thing you listed. e.g. I can't center the page, because its width is fixed: so an 1024x768 user sees it centered, but 1208x1024 sees it on the left side. But both can read it. If change this, the 1024 user will only see black background and a long x-scrollbar. :happysad:
You need to review the code then. I guarantee you, you can make it worth in both dimensions

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Lmao! My school internet blocks it. I'll get on at home and review, because I don't like to use a proxy.

Last edited:

buhlool

Reaction score
I'm not into animes (I have only watched 'Grave of the Fireflies", anime?), so I can't comment on the content. But I like the layout. It's a nice and simple design, not cluttered. Just a few tips though:

- Create a logo. Just play around with the word on photoshop, or get someone to design a nice one for you (*hint*the market place*hint*). But there's no need to add a distracting header background there.

-Increase the font size. It's quite hard to read anything. 11-12px would do fine.

-Recode the layout so that it stretches to 90-100% of the screen width. As someone pointed out, there's a lot of empty space.
Edit:
One more thing:

-The red box: Use a lighter color (something that matches the hue of the girl's skirt). The red is a bit dark for my taste. Makes it hard to read the text.

Btw, I love the cute little cat!

Last edited:

Gargron

Reaction score
I'm not into animes (I have only watched 'Grave of the Fireflies", anime?), so I can't comment on the content. But I like the layout. It's a nice and simple design, not cluttered. Just a few tips though:

- Create a logo. Just play around with the word on photoshop, or get someone to design a nice one for you (*hint*the market place*hint*). But there's no need to add a distracting header background there.

-Increase the font size. It's quite hard to read anything. 11-12px would do fine.

-Recode the layout so that it stretches to 90-100% of the screen width. As someone pointed out, there's a lot of empty space.
Edit:
One more thing:

-The red box: Use a lighter color (something that matches the hue of the girl's skirt). The red is a bit dark for my taste. Makes it hard to read the text.

Btw, I love the cute little cat!
Thank you! Progress: 50%. Font size increased, logo created. And forcing myself to recode the whole thing. :)