Please review my site...

tittat

Reaction score
Not bad for a newbie...... but there is quite a lot for you improve.Try to keep content orderly inside tables.Try to make your top navigation some interacting effect.
Ahhh the site is too too simple... make it looks complex....

Sohail

Reaction score
Yeah it's okay if you are a beginner, otherwise you could really improve on the layout, banner and colour scheme, 4/10.

dickey

Reaction score
I am using firefox 3.0, and yeah you need lots more work. Your site looks flat or 2d. Try adding 3d borders in the body of your page. and like a comment up there try to add effects to your navigation. One more thing try to redo your color combination and maybe change your logo font and try to emphasize the triangle recycle sign.

Content wise I think it's quite okay that you put less words in the company profile page as people don't really read it anyway.

overall I have to give you a 3/10 for site layout and design. content and functionality a 5/10 or a total of 4/10.

lordskid

Reaction score
Try to improve the graphics. I told you I am not good enough to help you here. It's good that you heeded my advice to ask the forum to review your site. :)

aphotiX.

Reaction score
Looks good for a beginner.
As lordskid said, I think you need to improve on the graphics - especially the background. Maybe use a different font family as well, Times New Roman or whatever that is doesn't look appealing.

6/10 for a beginner. (1-2 Weeks)

sunils

Reaction score
As said.. done well. Need to improve a lot..Learn tutorials available over the internet and do a complete make over.

balaji2u

Reaction score
i dont know why you add that background texture!! remove it ..
the blue BG for the footer is not nice ..
good start for a newbie.

amolpatil2k

Reaction score
Supermix, I have read the comments made by others about your site. It does seem to be a bit plain and awkward. My recommendation would be to use a CMS (content management system). OpenSourceCMS http://opensourcecms.com/ not only has information on a wide variety of free CMSes but also has live demos of a good number of them.

One type of CMS is a blogging platform. The best blogging CMS is undoubtedly WordPress. Go to wordpress.org and download the latest version. An easier way would be use Fantastico in cPanel and install it with just a few clicks. After you install it, you don't have to run it as a blog. It can be used to create a static site as well. In the admin area, you'll be asked to choose between creating a Post or a Page. Choose the latter for each of your pages
Products
Contact us
Company News
Site News

Personally I would like to rename these pages as

Home
Products
News
About
Contact
These are standard names which search engines like.

The advantage of using WordPress is that you can change the themes instantly. There are two built in themes Classic and Kubrick. You can download more from

http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/

Since your site is about a business, I would recommend Corporate

http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/corporate

Another advantage of using WordPress is that it is professionally programmed to be search engine friendly and compatible with most browsers. You can make it more Search Engine friendly by using various plugins

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/

For instance the most popular plugin

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/browse/popular/

is All in One SEO Pack

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/

Automatically optimizes your Wordpress blog for Search Engines (Search Engine Optimization).
* Version 1.4.6.15
* Updated 2008-10-22
* Downloads 773,400

adamlinux

Reaction score
I like it, but I think you could benefit from some more color and more complex textures and such.

dickey

Reaction score
That's a new logo you have there?

Last edited:

supermix

Reaction score
Yup and I am doing some more layout works but my job is making me a lot busy lately.
Edit:
So any comment on my new logo?
Edit:
I guess none. :)

Last edited:

vol7ron

Reaction score
Hi Please review my site:http://www.supermix.x10hosting.com
as I am new here I can only give +reps as I don't have credits as of now.

Reps are gladly accepted by many.

I've read the posts and viewed your site. Either you've done work on it, or people don't know what they're talking about. I like the simplicity. You don't need 3D, but more than one color in the bars is advised (it doesn't have to gradient).

I also like the title image, only, I would work on smoothing out that recycling triangle part of it - it's just a little choppy.

I think the next thing you want to do (besides adding more graphics/images) is to work on getting more content and you're in business. One thing you might want to also consider is rounding off the page, Google 'css rounded corners' and you should find some nice examples.

Good luck to you,
vol7ron

supermix

Reaction score
Thanks for the comment. I did do a little bit of work and I owe it all to the constructive comments that this community has given me.
Edit:
I am still a little far from over though.

Last edited:

martinj

Reaction score
I think you have a nice basic site going on here.

Often a simple site is the best. I think this works for you overall.

Good job.

vol7ron

Reaction score
I agree with martin, maybe a little work on aligning/formatting the text that is there, but really just need more content to fill the page.

I think a lot of times people try to make their sites too grand. You shouldn't distract the user from the content. Instead, think to emphasize the content with graphics that attract users to it.

So the two lessons you should learn from my post:
1) Too much graphics is distracting
2) Graphics can be used to attract users to the content

Notice that this can be applied to Yahoo/Google. Google is simplistic, their content is a great search engine and they only use one basic image. Yahoo and MSN both have a search bar integrated into the rest of their site. On their site, everything becomes cluttered and load time is slower.

I am currently custom scripting/coding my site. No templates. I will post in website review when I'm finished. I'm currently waiting for PostgreSQL to be installed.

supermix

Reaction score
Thanks for giving me tips on where to start to make my site more appealing.
Edit:
I believe that my site is undergoing the transfers right now so it cannot be opened for a while.

Last edited: