Please review

rumburak

Reaction score
After two months I have a basic shape of the site http://www.cracow.name
When you visit it, what kind of informations would you expect ?
Shall there be more news, or blog with events added,
or more practical informations ?
Please share your thoughts.

tridge

Reaction score
The first thing I noticed is the title of your page is hard to see with the graphic behind it, second was I couldn't get back to the index after I navigated away.

I really like the site though, made me say "oh wow" when I got to it. I like the idea and I really like the layout. The colors are awesome and the navigation bar really fits well with it all. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

tittat

Reaction score
There is no button called "Home" in your site navigation.I love the overall design.Good luck :)

xmakina

Reaction score
The shot of the sun in your banner is oddly distracting.

The title font is quite difficult to read, both green on blue and the font is very difficult

IE shows alt text on hover. This is not how alt text is meant to be used. It's meant to be an Alternatvie to the image. To make the same thing show in firefox, use the Title tag. At the moment, mousing over an image doesn't provide any information.

The links in the latest bar could do with using a brighter colour, the contrast is quite low. Same goes for the title text of that block near the bottom of the page.

There's no need for such large icons on the technical things at the bottom. Tourists really won't care that much about W3C standards or pagerank. Also, that they're unclickable suggests that you've lied anyway, a terrible way to build trust.

The content is great. The english is a little broken but I've seen much worse. Lots of pictures and no "walls of text".

7/10 - needs a few improvements but nothing major.

edu2004eu

Reaction score
I would add a background color to the box in which the content is in. And I don't like the background of the page.
As a matter of content, I would expect historical dates and stuff...

byite

Reaction score
Your sites design is nice, I like it - just change the font style and colour of the title so that it is easier to read, Maybe change the colour of the black text just so that is grabs the attention of the reader and put your page rank button in between your CSS button and copyright information to make them neater.

rumburak

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestions.
I am going to introduce all of them.
The home button and the header are the easiest.
I will try to make the text more readable, but keep the old color palette.
W3C and PR icons are here to fill the space, they will be replaced by some
colorful ads soon.
I will definitely add some more historical info, it is going to take some time though, the pages are hand-coded, and now I am in transgression to a home-made CMS system.
Thank you again !
Rumburak

xmakina

Reaction score
W3C and PR icons are here to fill the space, they will be replaced by some colorful ads soon.

Why waste time? You could just have a simple banner saying advertise here that is either a straight to email link or to another page on your site with details on how to submit an advert for your site.

rumburak

Reaction score
Thank you Xmakina,
although I didn't intend to sell the ad space, it is interesting to see who
would be interested in buying.