Please Review

rlodge

Reaction score
That's a lot of information. As a parent who put two daughters through school (they've both graduated. Yay!), that is a lot of the information I was looking for from our schools.

Some of the .pdf's, namely the yearly calendar, needs to be re-done because of the way it was scanned.

Overall, a very good job that you can be proud of.

amolpatil2k

Reaction score
The logo and background belong to Pirates of the Caribbean and Jack Sparrow not to a school. Of course, if that's the actual logo, then you have no say.

Also I personally don't like the background image being stationary. Use a tiled unobstrusive pattern with the same colors as the logo and make it scroll along with the page.

Also give the main section a distinct color, which delineates it, so the page appears more structured among all the menus.

Also change the font family.

Also make the violet color lighter.

The footer should be in a smaller font.

Shift subscribe button to top right corner and use the usual orange sign.

Remove the shaded borders from the table at the center of the page. Use CSS to remove the underlines from links. Use CSS for link rollovers like in the left menu.

The top menu especially the last item - calendars overlaps the menu on the right. Swap with About Us.

Remove "Please Click On A Tab To Start Browsing".

Also put some introductory text before the table in the center.

Shift search box to top right, just below subscribe button. Also give it a decent border but wrapping a one cell table around it.

Remove all "Click Here"s from right menu.

Change Reports on the left menu to Reports (PDFs). Also in front of each report add it size (80KB).

Same for right menu. Add (PDF,80KB) after each link that points to a PDF document.

Move Get Adobe Reader / IE7 to bottom of the left menu.

lahue

Reaction score
I was able to change a couple of things:
"Please Click On A Tab" Is Now Removed
RSS Has Been Deleted (It Was Never Kept Current)
Made Footer Smaller
Removed The Click Heres

If anyone can assist:
New Pirate?
Also How To Remove The Underlines for Hyperlinks
Any Suggestions For Font Family?

I am Also working on new purple

Please Let Me Know Anything You Guys Can See:
Being Honest Helps :)

tittat

Reaction score
There should be some real content in your home page.All that i could see now there is a table called quick links.In your contact page add a form where people can submit info.
good Luck :)

Scott B

Reaction score
5/10

Just looking at the home page:
-Times New Roman is not pleasing to the eye, imo, especially when its yellow
I would suggest using Arial or Verdana
-The background needs to be done. The large yellow and purple bars don't look good
-Your header looks kind of...old
-Use calmer color mixes and more rounded corners
-Re-position the search box

In my opinion, the overall layout has potential, it just needs to be redesigned in terms of colors, shapes, and fonts

Good luck =]

Also How To Remove The Underlines for Hyperlinks
With CSS you can do it like:
Code:
#divname a {
text-decoration: none;
}

Last edited:

lahue

Reaction score
Thank you guys so much for everything so far. I am looking for new fonts, removing underlines, and trying different colors. I have to stick with the general shades of purple and gold/yellow. I am deff looking into something that can help w/ banners, any ideas?