Please stop advertising FREE PERL/CGI if you do not offer it!

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
Hello,

Both perl and CGI are disabled on free hosting. You'd need Illuminated at least to use that.
For details, please click here.

Thank you :)

Last edited:

simon.evanz48

Reaction score
Hello,

Perl and CGI are the fundamental sticks and glue for many enterprise grade applications especially so for the back-end connectivity, sockets, etc...
It makes life a hell of a lot easier that just using JSONP, XML and PHP.

What's this business about becoming "Illuminated" is this the same as being considered an "Enlightened one" like within the post ranking structure of this Forum - elevated status..

Anyways I have a need for Perl access #!/usr/bin/perl -w for an idea :confused: that I have brewing, may even turn into a full blown Open Source Project with access to GitHub Repository for all., once I re-open my archived files and re-up' them to the GitHub and re-establish the build cycle.

I will see how to become Illuminated

Thanks for the info Interscopia

After reading the information from the link provided above it seems becoming Illuminated has nothing to do with Forum Membership status its just a term used for users/customers who have upgraded their packages. (Doh Doh! - How dull am I, lol)

Anyway's.. It seems that the 5 Year deal packs the most punch for Price : Features : Services at only (what was it.. $50 Bucks /5yrs ) Plus On top of that you get a ton of additional features and it only comes out to $1\month

I can't find out exactly where it shows you what these features are but hey, I Will be taking the plunge very shortly. I guess Its my duty to report back to the community on my experiences and make a review on the type/quality of service Hosting features Traceroute results + TTL of NS's etc specific details omitted of course :) and most importantly customer support, direct contact tel OR Skype / other VOIP Service, etc

keep a look out to a follow up to this when I commence a new account and indeed become "An Illuminated One"

Cheer's

Simon

Last edited:

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
Prime Membership is the one that changes your forum membership status. Illuminated has everything that the Prime package has to offer (Minus the forum title), plus your hosting is moved to a faster server with a fraction of the users. Making it much faster.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Where did you see that free hosting has perl advertised?

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
Lol it does actually say that...

That should be changed, it's mis-leading...

simon.evanz48

Reaction score
Quick, call the trading-Standards police.. False Advertisment... isn't that what the internet is all about a mass of false advertisments.. (Kidding) lol

GtoXic

x10 Support
Reaction score
we did have it enabled for a short period of time, It's only in the last few months that it was removed again.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
It's also still on the list to get re-enabled, although ensuring server stability's a lot higher up on the list.