Please upgrade PHP?

masterchief3k

Reaction score
for fusion news to work i think it needs php version 5...if anyone else has fusion php 3.6.5 please tell me...otherwise upgrade php....thanks!

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I'm 90% sure, our PHP version is 5.0

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm sure Bryon changed it to 5. However, it may have only been in the business server.

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
Alejandro said:
I'm sure Bryon changed it to 5. However, it may have only been in the business server.

Possibly.

Any idea when we can get the free server upgraded?

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
free is 4.4.2 and buisness is 5 i am pretty sure

Cynical

Reaction score
The free server used to run PHP 4.4.1.. just wondering, why did it get upgraded to 4.4.2 a few months ago?

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
They are currently both 4.4.2.

I'll see what Corey thinks of this tomorrow.

Richard

Reaction score
We can't upgrade php because alot of systems still need php4 and arn't campatable yet. With that said however I should be able to setup php4 and php5 side by side by php4 using .php and php5 using .php5

Some minor modification will be needed to be done to your account because of internal links in the program.

I will PM you when everything is ready.

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Edit: Nevermind.. *scowls at himself*

Last edited:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
Richard said:
I should be able to setup php4 and php5 side by side by php4 using .php and php5 using .php5

i think thats what he said he was gunna try to do :)

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Ohhh Im too tired. :-( Sorry. I thougth he said php4 for PHP 4 and php5 for PHP 5.

Richard

Reaction score
php5 is on the server now but it won't work untill tomorrow. I had a few more problems then expected.

Marko

Reaction score
Yeah! Please upgrade PHP to latest version... Pleeaassee:tear: I wanna have new features and security. I reccomend updating php and mysql after 2-4 months to boost up the reliability and security of server and our pages.

Last edited:

Richard

Reaction score
I can activate php5 for individual accounts. I will explain the procedure tomorrow (my time)

Yeah! Please upgrade PHP to latest version... Pleeaassee I wanna have new features and security. I reccomend updating php and mysql after 2-4 months to boost up the reliability and security of server and our pages.

1. You won't get any more security then you already have with php 4.4.2
  2. PHP 5 breaks some compatibility with most PHP 4 scripts so if you use any pre packaged system like phpBB, Mambo, Wordpress etc make sure it will work with php5 before requesting an upgrade.