Pointing a Domain to 10hosting DNS Server

austine

Reaction score
hello, can someone please tell me how to configure a domain to point to 10hosting DNS server, or point me in the right direction to find out how to do so

the domain i purchased is escocolumbo.org, and i did so with webeden

thanks

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
All you need to do is login to WebEden's Control Panel, and find the settings for editing your domain's 'nameservers'. Once you have found the settings change the nameservers to: ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com
Then login to your cPanel account here at x10 and add your domain either as an Add-On domain or a Parked domain depending on what you want.

austine

Reaction score
'ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com'

do you mean either/or, or do i need to enter both?

i jut called up webeden (they don't have a control panel for users to change things themselves), and they asked me to get the nameserver for when they call back in an hour or so
Edit:
also, whilst you're online mate, when the domain name becomes active after 24hrs, i'm seeking to build a site with it using wordpress

when i install it with fantastico, where do i go to on cpanel to add content to it? would i have the backdoor office for this once it's installed onto escocolumbo.org?

and also, would it be live immediately, or do i then need to upload it with ftp or something?

sorry if these are stupid questions but this is my first time using a hosting service ;)

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Put in both ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com (each one in a separate field).

DNS does take a while for the change to come into affect, but I've usually found it a lot less than 24hrs.

Re using fantastico, just try it & all should become apparent as you use it. Click on the links to go to Wordpress homepage, & there is more info there/ elsewhere.

I believe the site becomes live as soon as it is installed by Fantastico, though I haven't tried Wordpress so am not sure. As I said, just try it first!

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

Last edited:

gamereviews

Reaction score
Thanks guys! This is what I looked for... Finally, I can pointing my domain to 10hosting DNS server... ;)

tipswall

Reaction score
I have done all for my domain "tipswall.com" but no result after 24hrs. Browser is saying " DNS error, Server cant be found". Please help me.

austine

Reaction score
I have done all for my domain "tipswall.com" but no result after 24hrs. Browser is saying " DNS error, Server cant be found". Please help me.

Assuming there was no mis-spelling when you pointed your domain name to x10hosting, i'm not sure why this is.

You may want to try again, or wait a little longer.

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
tipswall.com works for me. As in, it pulls up a page with the word "Working" on it.

--- Mr. DOS